Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
X Lab disc.
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience of this model? Or can anyone suggest an alternative for a Campag 10 speed, clincher with aluminium braking surface?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: X Lab disc. [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
let me beat Cervelo guy to the punch - have you considered CH Aero covers!!!!??????

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: X Lab disc. [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm, we have some on order but have only received the three spoke varieties- which are quite nice. If they are the same level of quality as the three spoke I think it will be quite nice.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: X Lab disc. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tom, I spotted them at R & A for $699, which with the current strength of the pound means that's a very good deal and since my LBS can't get me any Campag, clincher discs before IM Brazil that looks to be the business. Unless you know of better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know we all seem to harp on the Renn disc, but seing as it's $300 cheaper, why not go for that? Is it tougher to get in the UK?

It's more expensive an the X lab here, is not available for Campag and ,unless I am mistaken does not come in clincher form with an ali braking surface.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, it comes with aluminium braking surface clincher. Frank was working on the campy version last year, and so it should be available now...I think it was last year in december or thereabout...
email them...at $400, it's a great deal...and if cost is not an option, well, it's a great deal too, because it's a great wheel
Quote Reply
Re: X Lab disc. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois, you and John are both right. I have just been on the site and seen the clincher, however it says that the Campag version is expected in Spring of 2004.

It is available in the UK, but is less than $50 cheper than the X lab.

I will e mail Frank and see about the status of the Campag version.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in the worst case, you can use a shimano disc with a compatible cassette (shimano body, but 10 speed). works fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info, I'm off to bed now as I have a 27k tt tomorrow morning when I will be trying my friend 's (UK gear muncher) Corima disc in what promises to be very windy conditions and then a 10k road race with 2000 other people! Enjoy your day people.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go with Renn. I sent an xlab back to nytro because I thought it was junk. Poor craftsmanship and hubs. From what i hear, no rim tape needed for Renn. I would personally go with those that support and give advise, and that is why I would go with Renn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois, Frank got back to me within the hour(!) and informed me that the Campag option should be ready to ship in the first/second week in April. So once he advises of a time to ring I will place the order.

It had better be good or I'll be coming to you for a refund, but not on the bike judging by your times ;-)

p.s. France are looking good for the 6 nations this year!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

p.s. France are looking good for the 6 nations this year!

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: X Lab disc. [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes? What did you mean Shaun by quoting me?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry - screwed up - should have read "going to be a green year - Irish to win 6 Nations and tripple crown"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not possible...France is the only team left that can make the grand chelem.
Currently leading Scottland 31-0...
meaning grande finale next week in Paris against England.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understood it would boil down to points difference assuming the French lost to the English next week - however with (soon to be) win and large points would favour the French?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boy Shaun you must have over done it on Paddy's day ( you know the Irish national saint that came from Wales!) only France can do the Grand slam now. As Francois so rightly said it's the Grand finale against England on Saturday, I hope we can win to avoid the Grand Slam occuring, although I can't see it. Still we're theWorld Cup holders in case you forgot! '-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Still we're theWorld Cup holders in case you forgot! (read tongue in cheek) - sadly you will remind the rest of the world about that for the next 4 years - until the Springboks return to their rightful place at the top of the heap!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If France wins, they take it with the grand slam (not chelem, which is french...sorry).
If England wins and Ireland wins (likely against Scottland) then for Ireland to win, they need to win by at least 42pts to catch england and 18pts to make up for England's deficit to France...
So basically for Ireland to win, you need to see England just beat France by 18pts, and then see Ireland beat the scots, by 60pts...

in short, Ireland ain't gonna take it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

in short, Ireland ain't gonna take it! - sadly you are right Francois - just finished watching the Sharks Hurricanes Super 12 (recorded) from Friday - you guys follow that at all?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dude, in Texas (where I live now) all we get is US Sports...
although when living in Australia, we did get the Super 12.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vancouver is marginally better - love it here but really miss the rugby....just not into the whole football thing...where I come from that's played with a round ball anyways...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in phoenix on foxworld sports a full day of rugby and premiership football. Then on sunday they do it all over again! it has caused me to miss workouts.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply

Prev Next