A little background first..
1. I got into mountain biking long before I got into Tri so the actual mountain biking is not an issue.
2. Triathlete on and off since 2009, longest race was 70.3 in 2015. I had not done a tri since 2015 but I have stayed active through running (10K, Half Marathons, and one very painful, slow marathon)
3. Did a sprint about a week ago (06.02.18) and I used THIS Garmin Sprint Intermediate Plan. I loved the plan and the volume of work was enough to get me to third in my age group, I was MOP before that...
4. I would like to do well in the XTERRA but I am mostly just looking forward to the challenge.
1. Garmin has an Olympic plan that mimics the sprint plan I used but, of course, with longer workouts. LINK. The plan is 12 weeks but my race is in 10 weeks, would it be advisible to just start at week 3 considering the first two weeks are base building?
2. I was planning on doing the weekday bike workouts on the trainer and hitting trails on the weekends for the long bike workouts, run workouts, and bricks. Good idea or should I hit the trails more than that?