Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

XD driver for road?
Quote | Reply
I have searched the webs and can’t sesm to find it.

Are there any XD/XDR freehubs our there for 130mm quick release?

Starting to consider going 1x on my TT bike once 3T releases their 9-32 cassette and need to look into which hubs can accommodate that cassette

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: XD driver for road? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp lists an XDR driver body option for a lot of their current stuff. Only caveat is I have never seen one in the wild.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp offers XDR for their hubs, available as an option with any of their spoke wheels.

Driver bodies are hub manufacturer dependent, so for example the SRAM XD driver is for SRAM hubs only, the DT for DT, Hed for Hed, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: XD driver for road? [gosojo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I’ve just never seen a picture of the freehub on a quick release rim brake wheel. But doubt there is much interest for anyone to run a 10-42 on their Zipp hubs.

I have DT hubs currently, and know they make an XD driver for 135mm qr. Wonder if it’s close enough?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have about 2500 miles on the 177D hubs and a 10/42 1x set up including Dirty Kanza 200, BWR, and countless training rides. no issues whatsoever, however that is a disc brake set up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run 1x11 on both my road and TT bikes using the SRAM XX1 cassette. I was able to get XD freebodies (is that a word?) for all my wheel sets. For the TT bike I have a new Flo Disc (bought in November) and they were able to supply the XD driver. On my road bike I have some Chinese wheels that have Novatec hubs and a quick call to Novatec got me a compatible XD driver for those. I think any hub company that also makes hubs for mountain (so they have XD drivers) seem to be able to fit those to their road hubs (like DT Swiss, Chris King, Roval etc). In some cases they know it works (like Flo), in the case of Novatec, the guy actually went and got the XD driver and my road hub model and put it together while we were on the phone. It worked. Hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Re: XD driver for road? [Orange Curtain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! That’s some great info.

Now I just patiently wait for the 9-32 cassette to be available for sale.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply