Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

X-treme wheels?
Quote | Reply
Anybody ridden X-treme wheels? Looks like a nice product line but I'm curious about the quality of the hubs? How about stiffness? Their Blade elite deep dish front and G-Force Elite disc look comparable to the Zipp 999 (and lighter) and about $700 cheaper but what about their hubs?
Quote Reply
Re: X-treme wheels? [P.C. Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a pair since '98 which I just sold. Still going strong and stood up to a lot of useage over that period. No technical advice here but I never had an issue with the hubs and the wheels seemed to spin forever.
Quote Reply
Re: X-treme wheels? [P.C. Lemming] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the G-Force Elite disc. Zipp light for less cash. Only had it for a year but no problems. Quality of carbon isn't as good as my Mavic, but no issues with the hub. It seems more suited to the lighter rider, I'm only 70kgs. A clubmate of mine had a problem with his disc flexing, cos he's a big powerful guy, but no problems with the hub, and the disc is still going strong. His trispoke front has had no issues.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply