Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

X-lab Nanoflator
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to use other brands of CO2-cartridges than X-lab for the Nanoflator, for example BBB 16g threaded. Threaded CO2-cartridges, do they fit all pumps which have a threaded connection or is there differences between the brands?

/CE

-------------------------
Next race: IRONMAN Florida

http://www.cetri.se/
Quote Reply
Re: X-lab Nanoflator [CE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can use other brands. CO2 cartriges can be different amount of CO2. I like the inflater heads that are able to be controlled.
Quote Reply
Re: X-lab Nanoflator [:D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nanoflators can be controlled. Screw the cartridge all the way in to pierce,yet nothing flows until you back it off a little. It is my inflator of preference.
-Joe
Last edited by: MoJoe: Jul 5, 09 14:05
Quote Reply
Re: X-lab Nanoflator [MoJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much of the valve needs to be clear of the rim to use those? I plan on carrying a 80mm spare tube for my Reynolds Strikes which are a depth of 66mm. So there will be about 14mm showing. Will this be enough to allow the nanoflator to seal?
Quote Reply
Re: X-lab Nanoflator [njc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
njc wrote:
How much of the valve needs to be clear of the rim to use those? I plan on carrying a 80mm spare tube for my Reynolds Strikes which are a depth of 66mm. So there will be about 14mm showing. Will this be enough to allow the nanoflator to seal?

I've never run a stem that close, so I had to go measure... Applying the nanoflator on the stem, I measured 15mm from the top of the locked lock nut to the furthest edge of the inflator. FYI, There was 3mm more of the valve stem above the lock nut.
Depending on exactly where 66mm and 80mm are measured to and from, and where the tube sit in relation to the measuring points, it looks like it should be sufficient.

BTW, thanks for reviving a 2 year old post! ;) There's no way to win. You don't search and people jump on you. You do search... ;)
Quote Reply
Re: X-lab Nanoflator [MoJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks MoJoe, I'll go with the nanoflator then.

Yeah I alway search first ... Very rarely do you have a unique problem, and the answer has normally been covered. Thanks for you help mate.
Quote Reply