Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Wyn Republic Pro Kit
Quote | Reply
These new designs are awesome. Luke and Beth are making something special. https://wynrepublic.com/...ections/pro-kit-2018

I’ve bought the black and mint socks, trucker hat, and the TT gloves and I want to grab some kits too.

Check them out. Anyone else here like their stuff?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“Special” my ass! $295 for a trisuit from a brand new company is anything but special. As a matter of fact, it’s crap like this that makes me wonder how long I’ll stay in the sport. Then again, I’m not that guy rocking a $500 custom Wattie kit. There are plenty of good trisuits from $100-$150. I suppose if one wants to wear $300 for something you’re going to sweat and pee in a few times a year, then more power to them, but I can’t justify that cost even if I have the money.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are priced competitively. Castelli, Roka, Louis Garneau, and Kiwami all are priced close to Wyn Republic.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
“Special” my ass! $295 for a trisuit from a brand new company is anything but special. As a matter of fact, it’s crap like this that makes me wonder how long I’ll stay in the sport. Then again, I’m not that guy rocking a $500 custom Wattie kit. There are plenty of good trisuits from $100-$150. I suppose if one wants to wear $300 for something you’re going to sweat and pee in a few times a year, then more power to them, but I can’t justify that cost even if I have the money.

Yes, my ugly TYR two piece is good enough...

Kanute's is ok, but I'm digging their Origins collection a lot. I follow the Wassner sisters a lot and think their kit is nice. My girlfriend just bought one of the clearance suits and likes it. I also like that with Wattie Ink they're having an open pre-order for the same kits as their pros wear.

Whereas Betty Designs decided to design a bunch of stuff and keep it #squadonly...if your'e going to have 60 amateurs on your team...at least make the kits available for us peasants to purchase for our wives/girlfriends.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
These new designs are awesome. Luke and Beth are making something special. https://wynrepublic.com/...ections/pro-kit-2018

I’ve bought the black and mint socks, trucker hat, and the TT gloves and I want to grab some kits too.

Check them out. Anyone else here like their stuff?

Bahaha $20 for a water bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, just no.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why? I'm aware you have a connection to Kiwami so you are kind of biased in that regard :)

Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's kind of normal. Specialized Purist bottle prices range from $12-$20 depending on the brand.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Why? I'm aware you have a connection to Kiwami so you are kind of biased in that regard :)

Yes totally biased with good reason. Was up very close on the mentioned suit and looked on the thin and non supportive side to me. If you like translucent, go for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwami does make good stuff and Andre is awesome. There's a lot of great apparel companies to choose from.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got their tri suit and cycle kit. Took a bit to get used to the side pockets in the tri suit but I really like it now. It's very light.

Cycle kit is awesome. Very comfortable stuff.

I can't complain about it at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a problem purchasing Wyn gear because of the circumstances around Beth's retirement... Setting aside the price point, which while on par with many competitors is a contributing factor to scaring people away from the sport, are there others who have a fundamental problem putting money in the pockets of people with a history of cheating? It's too bad too, because I have a tremendous amount of respect for Luke as a racer...
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:
Does anyone have a problem purchasing Wyn gear because of the circumstances around Beth's retirement... Setting aside the price point, which while on par with many competitors is a contributing factor to scaring people away from the sport, are there others who have a fundamental problem putting money in the pockets of people with a history of cheating? It's too bad too, because I have a tremendous amount of respect for Luke as a racer...

She may have "retired" 2 years ago but pretty sure she is coming back from "retirement" even though she said she was done competing. Should be interesting come early June.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you not want to buy Trek because of Lance?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:

She served, or is about to finish serving, her suspension so as long as she doesn't fail another drug test then I don't have a problem buying Wyn products (if there was something I wanted, currently no interest).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trauma wrote:

All of these people still out there supporting Lance Armstrong after he legit destroyed lives.

I just got into Triathlon two years ago and I really don't care about extra drama, it's a sport of solitude. Pros are cool, like I said we follow the Wassner Twins in this house. Running an performance apparel company is about delivery high quality products on time...and we have two threads about LTP. If Wyn goes out there and makes it 4 months to receive a stock kit, that's where I'm going to have issues.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a few of their things when they first went live.

I do like the tri suit. comfortable, seems well made. The one thing I don't like about it is not realizing how see through the top becomes, especially after getting wet.
Nothing ruins a nice picture like matted chest hair and an HR strap.

One item I really like is the base layer, I wear it all the time. I just wish they had it in black as well. $45, a little less if you can find one of their codes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to blame Lance for why I would never buy a Trek, but I just don't like their bikes (and that pre-dates the USPS era).

While I'm all for second chances, and she has served her time. I find it even more irritating when pros get popped, retire, and then magically unretire coinciding with the end of their ban. The retirement is just an excuse to not acknowledge/try to cover up their ban... It looks way better on your webpage to say "retired pro-triathlete" than "serving doping ban"... or to use the words retired to explain the lack of results for a couple of seasons...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, that's your choice in not supporting Wyn Republic. I think they make really nice looking gear and I'll buy more of it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kind of like the ORIGIN sleeveless tri suit. $144.50 (after 15% discount for new shoppers) for a full suit is competitive to what I've seen priced lately.

I'm not sure I completely understand the "detached two piece construction (joined in the back)" deal, though.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by zedzded [ In reply to ]
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:

I thought she was a bit childish and unprofessional stating she was never racing again after she was banned. And now she's racing at the earliest opportunity - IM Cairns, 2 weeks after her ban is over. I'm not sure what she expected WADA to do, she tested positive for a banned substance, period. And she, like Lauren Barnett wasn't able to prove that she unintentionally took it. She provided WADA with the salt tablets contaminated with ostarine, hardly objective evidence. If she was innocent, it sucks but she should have recognised WADA were left with little choice, taken her medicine like a big girl and come back bigger and stronger. She, like many other dopers, got off lightly, she's lucky she gets to race at all.

So, she can't race as an amateur? Elite athletes don't just twiddle their thumbs.

Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
zedzded wrote:

I thought she was a bit childish and unprofessional stating she was never racing again after she was banned. And now she's racing at the earliest opportunity - IM Cairns, 2 weeks after her ban is over. I'm not sure what she expected WADA to do, she tested positive for a banned substance, period. And she, like Lauren Barnett wasn't able to prove that she unintentionally took it. She provided WADA with the salt tablets contaminated with ostarine, hardly objective evidence. If she was innocent, it sucks but she should have recognised WADA were left with little choice, taken her medicine like a big girl and come back bigger and stronger. She, like many other dopers, got off lightly, she's lucky she gets to race at all.

So, she can't race as an amateur? Elite athletes don't just twiddle their thumbs.

Not whilst she was banned. Not sure if she's racing Cairns as a pro or amateur when she returns.
Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Not whilst she was banned. Not sure if she's racing Cairns as a pro or amateur when she returns.

Wouldn't you lose your pro-card if you were banned?

Quote Reply
Re: Wyn Republic Pro Kit [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
zedzded wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Wouldn't you lose your pro-card if you were banned?

Good point, I don't know. I'd imagine she could have lost her pro license because of the time out of the sport, don't think a ban prevents her from ever racing pro again.
Quote Reply

Prev Next