Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
dfru wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
TriByran wrote:
Yeh we don’t use it for that at all over here.
I guess it’s the same as a few other words you guys use that are very offensive over here.
Take fanny for example.
Either way sorry if i offended

What type of a stupid thread is this. Wurf got spanked by anywhere from 12 to 17 minutes on the RUN by guys he needs to beat. His clothing has exactly ZERO to do with that part. I am a fan of Wurf, but this entire thread is ridiculous. We're arguing about Wurf's clothing rather than talking about a stellar superbly paced break out race with a 2:48 run by Kyle Buckingham and he's the same weight as Wurf, so it just shows what is possible. The clothing is an ST diversion about GEAR that you guys are fixating on relative to the marketing fluff of buying free speed. The real story is that the humans inside the clothing and on top of the bikes did....NOT THE STUPID GEAR!!!!!

SORRY FOR SHOUTING, but sometimes I really have to shake my head at this place. No one remembers what bike Faris road when he won Kona 2005. We all remember that Faris won (guess his kit, as almost everyone will remember THAT KIT vs any other clothing since then)

Cannondale if I am correct. Not googling it until after I post!

Although your points are correct...the thread was about the gear to start. If it was about the run and then turned to gear then turned to Lionel...then maybe you should be shouting! ;) Just my two cents.

Brent

Well this thread is stupid in that we're arguing semantics of Wurf's clothing choice when his biggest problem was giving away 12-17 minutes on the run to his rivals. At the end of the day, he lost the win by 7 minutes. That was not a clothing choice. This being ST I know you guys are going to debate if the 2 and 4 min to 2nd and rd was the suit. But maybe the bigger problem was overbiking. A well paced bike and that suit maybe gets him at least 2nd.

I would be curious to know Wurf's flat out 10K and 5K times. In fairness to his bike pacing if he's not a 34 min 10K runner, or 16:30 5K guy, it's hard for him to be an open 2:40 runner which would equate to a low 3:0x IM marathon (marathon plus 20 min)

It's hard to know exactly what Tim Kerrison brings from a tri standpoint - obviously Dan Lorang has had success both bike racing and triathlon but from listening to Cam on podcasts - he rides with the Sky boys and gets off and runs a 1:17 half marathon and ran a 2:57 marathon in training etc...jumps in the pool. I know it's got to be more thought out than that but at this point, it's hard to get a grasp on what they are doing other than keeping him good and solid on the bike. I thought he looked pretty good running (good coverage - we saw lots of it) and he's light years ahead of Talansky's run at O'side at this point (granted, a couple years in). We will find out soon how the 6-8 IM's a year works out for him.

Careful with the "you guys" comments - I wasn't debating that at all ;)

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
dfru wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
TriByran wrote:
Yeh we don’t use it for that at all over here.
I guess it’s the same as a few other words you guys use that are very offensive over here.
Take fanny for example.
Either way sorry if i offended

What type of a stupid thread is this. Wurf got spanked by anywhere from 12 to 17 minutes on the RUN by guys he needs to beat. His clothing has exactly ZERO to do with that part. I am a fan of Wurf, but this entire thread is ridiculous. We're arguing about Wurf's clothing rather than talking about a stellar superbly paced break out race with a 2:48 run by Kyle Buckingham and he's the same weight as Wurf, so it just shows what is possible. The clothing is an ST diversion about GEAR that you guys are fixating on relative to the marketing fluff of buying free speed. The real story is that the humans inside the clothing and on top of the bikes did....NOT THE STUPID GEAR!!!!!

SORRY FOR SHOUTING, but sometimes I really have to shake my head at this place. No one remembers what bike Faris road when he won Kona 2005. We all remember that Faris won (guess his kit, as almost everyone will remember THAT KIT vs any other clothing since then)

Cannondale if I am correct. Not googling it until after I post!

Although your points are correct...the thread was about the gear to start. If it was about the run and then turned to gear then turned to Lionel...then maybe you should be shouting! ;) Just my two cents.

Brent

Well this thread is stupid in that we're arguing semantics of Wurf's clothing choice when his biggest problem was giving away 12-17 minutes on the run to his rivals. At the end of the day, he lost the win by 7 minutes. That was not a clothing choice. This being ST I know you guys are going to debate if the 2 and 4 min to 2nd and rd was the suit. But maybe the bigger problem was overbiking. A well paced bike and that suit maybe gets him at least 2nd.

I would be curious to know Wurf's flat out 10K and 5K times. In fairness to his bike pacing if he's not a 34 min 10K runner, or 16:30 5K guy, it's hard for him to be an open 2:40 runner which would equate to a low 3:0x IM marathon (marathon plus 20 min)

It's hard to know exactly what Tim Kerrison brings from a tri standpoint - obviously Dan Lorang has had success both bike racing and triathlon but from listening to Cam on podcasts - he rides with the Sky boys and gets off and runs a 1:17 half marathon and ran a 2:57 marathon in training etc...jumps in the pool. I know it's got to be more thought out than that but at this point, it's hard to get a grasp on what they are doing other than keeping him good and solid on the bike. I thought he looked pretty good running (good coverage - we saw lots of it) and he's light years ahead of Talansky's run at O'side at this point (granted, a couple years in). We will find out soon how the 6-8 IM's a year works out for him.

Careful with the "you guys" comments - I wasn't debating that at all ;)

Brent

isn't tim kerrison from a swim background originally? remember there was talk about sky guys doing intervals all year round akin to swimmers and that was something kerrison intrroduced???
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are a funny chap.
No one is saying wurf would have won.
Just saying he lost a bit of time by a possible poor clothing choice and maybe a sponsorship conflict.

How much was your darling Andy Potts lamented for his choice of gator skins. I bet you idiots thought he would win the race if he changed them.
Last edited by: TriByran: Apr 16, 18 1:57
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you know Wurf is overbiking? This is another problem we keep having here, same thing with Björn, people were saying if he had biked x min slower he would have run xx min faster, but that is not always the case!
Wurf has run low 3s a couple times now which is a good starting point. Maybe he will get faster on the run, and maybe not, but he rides at a low if and hr usually in the 140- low 150 for the bike. He has an ftp over 400w and averages 300-330w which is in the normal range.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
You are a moron.
No one is saying wurf would have won.
Just saying he lost a bit of time by a possible poor clothing choice and maybe a sponsorship conflict.

How much was your darling Andy Potts lamented for his choice of gator skins. I bet you idiots thought he would win the race if he changed them.

save grace and delete that post
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one has grace here, this is slowtwitch!
He called me stupid, I called him a moron, same thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just going to say that you are over thinking this, more than just a little bit.

So, Wurf was wearing a different tri suit. Pufff (that's the French 'pufff' )
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [tuckandgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This brings me back to Lionel Sanders posts 3-4 years ago.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep digging you can redeem yourself for starting this thread ;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next