Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Wurf - poor clothing choice?
Quote | Reply
Wurf at SA is wearing the new castelli suit.

At Kona he wore the ?roka protype ribbed design suit (basically a copy of all the other ribbed suits, like the endura ones etc.)

Is this a bad bad choice? I heard him talking about not making these types of decisions about sponsorship on the IM talk podcast, I.e. taking sponsorship for a slow product.

But, based on an eyeball numbers, he seems to have put around 10-12 mins into ambeger, llanos and a few others on the bike.

At Kona this was more like 20. Yes I know there were other tactics at play at Kona etc.
But these number differences seem inline from what Iā€™ve seen (and tested myself) in the ribbed suits versus the castelli.

The castelli suit is fast, compared to a regular tri suit, but the ribbed style suits are a massive step up in comparison.

Could Wurf be shooting himself in the foot here?
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about skin wise.. but man, isn't the coverage of SA great?
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [xcchampion11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! For once!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say he has a very good idea of what is fast for him. He tests a lot. But even if it is slower than ribbed suits, itā€™s not 10 min slower.
We donā€™t have any idea how hard he went on the bike compared to Kona, or how hard the others went. Maybe he was saving it for the run and held off?

Terrible Tuesdayā€™s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:

At Kona he wore the ?roka protype ribbed design suit (basically a copy of all the other ribbed suits, like the endura ones etc.)

Is this a bad bad choice? I heard him talking about not making these types of decisions about sponsorship on the IM talk podcast, I.e. taking sponsorship for a slow product.

But, based on an eyeball numbers, he seems to have put around 10-12 mins into ambeger, llanos and a few others on the bike.

At Kona this was more like 20. Yes I know there were other tactics at play at Kona etc.
But these number differences seem inline from what Iā€™ve seen (and tested myself) in the ribbed suits versus the castelli.

The castelli suit is fast, compared to a regular tri suit, but the ribbed style suits are a massive step up in comparison.

He may have had a 20 min lead on Josh at T2, but Josh has said his race at Kona was crap and Cam was riding with Lionel and Sebi too vs solo today. I think the delta is more to do with tactics than anything!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you donā€™t think he would turn down a shed load of money from Castelli if it was slower?
I donā€™t reckon so.
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™ve not said tactics didnā€™t play a part, but looking at a handful of rides in comparison, I reckon heā€™s possibly given away maybe 5 minutes,
The castelli suit is good, but itā€™s old tech now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm fairly certain he would turn them down. That's probably the reason he still has so few sponsors.

Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe. But considering the guys he trains in are all in castelli....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps if he went with the Roka hyperlime colored suit he would have saved a full hour on his competitors rather than 10 minutes. After all, we all know the suit is what wins races and nothing else. Smdh...
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was just a thought, no need to be a dick
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just imagine how fast he would be on a p5x

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What makes you think the Castelli isnā€™t faster which it most certainly is! Muhahaha

TriByran wrote:

Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Apr 15, 18 8:08
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Faster?
Itā€™s the old T1 top.
I tested this versus an identical suit to the rubber roka, it was approx 10w slower. So Iā€™d say heā€™s losing a good chunk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iā€™d say you have no idea what youā€™re talking about.

TriByran wrote:
Faster?
Itā€™s the old T1 top.
I tested this versus an identical suit to the rubber roka, it was approx 10w slower. So Iā€™d say heā€™s losing a good chunk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriByran wrote:
Faster?
Itā€™s the old T1 top.

Is it remotely possible that it tests differently on him than on you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Present your data then.
Are you a castelli fan boy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes I think wattage numbers from wind tunnels are trumped-up bullshit to feed the customer.

Discuss
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course!
Hence why itā€™s an IDEA
Not absolute.
Quote Reply
Re: Wurf - poor clothing choice? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. Hence why my data is a wind tunnel, velodrome and road testing average
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you buy castellis? Original 6 minute claim?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds good, post all your data and we can analyze. Youā€™ve been around long enough to know what your ā€œideaā€ is is stupid and makes no sense.

TriByran wrote:
Present your data then.
Are you a castelli fan boy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you work for castelli?

Post your data on your testing on wurf, which is what you originally claimed, otherwise Iā€™m calling BS on your ā€˜fasterā€™ comment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Post your data that it isnt? Since neither of you have anything relevant, it's been fairly thoroughly shown that different suits test differently on different people, and wurf puts a lot of thought into his equipment choices I'm going to assume it's probably not slower on him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tribryan, in case you haven't figured it out yet, claiming one is faster than the other is pointless and impossible to prove. They are both top of the line suits and will test TOTALLY different on you, me, wurf, burger, hoff etc.

TriByran wrote:
Do you work for castelli?

Post your data on your testing on wurf, which is what you originally claimed, otherwise Iā€™m calling BS on your ā€˜fasterā€™ comment.
Quote Reply

Prev Next