Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wrench Question: Cervelo P3 Crank and Bottom Bracket
Quote | Reply
For some reason the explanations and guides on SRAM site confuse me more than help me.

I want to change my crankset. My bike is a circa 2016 Cervelo P3 with BBright, I have 11spd Etap front & rear Derailleurs. I currently have an FSA Power2Max crank but want to move to a SRAM Force or Red crank with 50/34 rings and 172.5 arms no Power Meter. It looks like I only have 1 option.

Force 22 Crankset FC-FRC-2X11-A1 with a PF 30 Bottom Bracket MODEL ID: BB-PF30-B2.

Is this right ? Are there other SRAM options ?
Quote Reply
Re: Wrench Question: Cervelo P3 Crank and Bottom Bracket [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that Force crankset will work.

Rotor also makes cranksets for BBright.
Quote Reply
Re: Wrench Question: Cervelo P3 Crank and Bottom Bracket [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a couple of the Cervelo bikes with that BB...and I had no issues using a GXP crankset...which you should be able to find as well...with a Kogel BB...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CBJFan wrote:
For some reason the explanations and guides on SRAM site confuse me more than help me.

I want to change my crankset. My bike is a circa 2016 Cervelo P3 with BBright, I have 11spd Etap front & rear Derailleurs. I currently have an FSA Power2Max crank but want to move to a SRAM Force or Red crank with 50/34 rings and 172.5 arms no Power Meter. It looks like I only have 1 option.

Force 22 Crankset FC-FRC-2X11-A1 with a PF 30 Bottom Bracket MODEL ID: BB-PF30-B2.

If you want only SRAM then they have the Force 22 or Red cranksets in 11 speed. You have a choice of GXP with 24mm steel spindle or 30mm aluminum spindle. For either choice you then need the appropriate BB. You can use a SRAM BB or one from another manufacturer.

The 30mm crankset and BB you’ve listed should work fine for your P3.
Quote Reply
Re: Wrench Question: Cervelo P3 Crank and Bottom Bracket [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that the axle on the Red crankset isn't long enough for BBright.
Quote Reply
Re: Wrench Question: Cervelo P3 Crank and Bottom Bracket [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I believe that the axle on the Red crankset isn't long enough for BBright.

As mentioned above...I have run sram red/force cranksets in BBriright frames...no problem whatsoever...you just need the correct Bottom bracket...I ran these on both the P3 and P5.
Quote Reply
Re: Wrench Question: Cervelo P3 Crank and Bottom Bracket [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that sram no longer makes gxp cranksets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CBJFan wrote:

I may have a spare RED22 crankset hanging around my parts bin I used on an old frame that was bbright. It runs the 30mm spindle which I used an Enduro ThreadTogether Ceramic bb for but that has been sold.

I'll look around tonight after work and see if it's still hanging around and get you the info off the spindle.

ig - @servicecourse_evv
Quote Reply
Re: Wrench Question: Cervelo P3 Crank and Bottom Bracket [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
I believe that sram no longer makes gxp cranksets

They actually do...you just have to ask. My LBS just ordered me a new sram red crankset, built on gxp with 5-bolt axs/dzero spider...
Quote Reply