Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wow, Powercranks feel weird!
Quote | Reply
I tried out Powercranks today at the IMFL expo. I did great for about 1 minute then.... well it got me to thinking. How much do PC's really help? I'd love a little info from users. How much did they help you?

1*
Quote Reply
Re: Wow, Powercranks feel weird! [Slider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'd think that PC's would make it to more expos. I'd have loved the chance to try them but they were not at either Buffalo Springs nor at Nationals in Shreveport.

Maybe next year.....

Good luck Todd!
Quote Reply
Re: Wow, Powercranks feel weird! [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gracias Pablo! I agree on the BSLT thing. Maybe next year. Shoot I may break down and get some PC's. I'll bring them to BSLT next year and you can ride them....Of course that means you have to do the 1/2. ;-) See ya on the other side.

1*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are a little different that is for sure. I tried them out at the booth they had at the NYC Marathon last weekend. I would be a little nervous with them on the road at first. They are so pricey though, if they were a little lower i might consider a set, but right now to much to invest.
Quote Reply
If you're interested.. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of used PC's (170's) that I'm selling. Right now my best offer is about $400.

For reference, I used to ride 175's, now ride 172.5's (I'm 5'10")...and honestly, I'm not sure the 170's "helped" me much while I suffered using these PC's last summer (I borrowed them from a friend). It's all about the suffer ;-)

..and I just recently received my brand new pair from Frank, so that is why I am selling these. In case you were wondering.

~ Craig (craigzilla02@yahoo.com)

P.S. - they are Shimano splined.

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They helped my run almost immediately. It took longer before I saw significant improvement on the bike. This is after riding them for less than a year, my longest 3 rides on them were 45, 54 and 63 miles...the rest were usually in the 15-25 mile range...not really hitting them as long as some people suggest, but I had limited time available to train, the good thing was, I didn't seem to have to run much at all, just once or twice a week (3 or 4 mile runs...sometimes I'd only do one weekly run and run 8 miles), and I STILL had much faster runs than before.

However, having slightly faster bike splits combined with several minute faster runs, I went from finishing in the top 25% to standing on the podium numerous times, ended up fifth in the state in my AG...my only complaint is that they didn't do squat for my swim splits. There have been several suggestions that I should wear them in my swimsuit for maximum swim benefit....one comment someone made that stood out among the others was; are you happy to see me, or are those just PowerCranks?

Let me put it this way. I got much more benefit in time savings by training on PC's than I got from going to a disc rear and 3-spoke front. And only the PC's had a 60 day money-back guarantee. It's your money, decide what's more important to you...working on the efficiency of the engine, or trying to buy a little aerodynamic advantage. Nothing's wrong with either way, but once you buy your aero advantage gizmos, that's it with their improvements in your times. If you were to buy the PC's and train on them, you MAY see improvements for quite a while...I hope to do even better next year, but, it won't be because I have anything more aero than I had last year.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply