Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike?
Quote | Reply
To beam or not to beam, that is the question, or isn´t it? What do you all think? Why should it be a beam bike? Why not?
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [larf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since the P5 is on the edge of diamond frames and will remain for UCI TTs there is no other way to put some resistance out of the air stream than a frame shape first etablished with the baracchi ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [larf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be disappointed if the new Cervelo does not present significantly less drag - with rider - than the P5-6.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why is there now a 3rd thread for this bike? People start threads way too frequently here
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [lilteichmonster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lilteichmonster wrote:
Why is there now a 3rd thread for this bike? People start threads way too frequently here

Because he or she was curious and wanted to ask a question. There is nothing wrong with making threads.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
I would be disappointed if the new Cervelo does not present significantly less drag - with rider - than the P5-6.

I think it's getting to the stage where it's not that simple anymore. Which rider? In what position? Using what bars and wheels? I speculate that the variation from all those things interacting with the frame itself is starting to dominate pure frame slipperiness.

Edit: Per the Jim@ERO post on the FC35 I think the future of marginal aero gains is figuring out what works for you. So real-time aero testing. I don't think it'll be as simple as checking the "I've got the P6 so I'm the most aero" box.
Last edited by: trail: Sep 24, 16 7:14
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [lilteichmonster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lilteichmonster wrote:

And so you post your displeasure with this thread. People post their displeasure with threads too frequently here.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lilteichmonster wrote:

Pray tell, what other reason is there for the forum?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well it is a BEAM BIKE so the thread is a moot point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG if it's not a beam bike life will not be worth living. Only question will be oven, noose, or pills.
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What if it's just an updated P5?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What if the color pallets are less than optimal?
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if the P5 will be phased out next year? If the P5 stays in the lineup, what does that mean the pricing will be like for the new (P6?) bike? Really gonna suck if the frame module has a $7k price tag.... :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be more disappointed if the Google Pixel phone release is delayed given both scheduled to be released on the same day.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
I wonder if the P5 will be phased out next year? If the P5 stays in the lineup, what does that mean the pricing will be like for the new (P6?) bike? Really gonna suck if the frame module has a $7k price tag.... :(

I wouldn't expect much less for the frame module. Maybe 7 is a bit high, but in the day of 11-12,000$ for the highest optioned models, they won't be rolling out an option for only $3,000
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably right. Im.really liking the tririg omni. Hopefully some other slowtwitchers will be guinea pigs over the winter...:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

That would make a great thread...
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Only question will be oven, noose, or pills.

I am going to use your line at the end of the next boring presentation when the presenter ask if there's any questions.
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
OMG if it's not a beam bike life will not be worth living. Only question will be oven, noose, or pills.
What if Sylvia Plath wasn't crazy? What if she was just cold?

Yes I would be disappointed. P3 was something special, then P5 and Shiv were special. Now nearly everyone has a triangle frame superbike. Not sure they can squeeze any meaningful reduction in drag out of that design. But remove one of the tubes? Besides it looks cool as hell. I'd get a Dimond but their geometry really doesn't fit. Hoping Cervelo P6, or whatever they call it, is a taller beam bike. I'd buy that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not too worried about what Cervelo comes out with next (for tri bikes).

I have faith that whatever Cervelo does, will be based on science. Other bike manufacturers use the term "point of difference" too often. I don't like point of difference, I want the best bike possible. If it looks like a Raleigh 20 and Cervelo says it's fast, it's probably wicked fast and certainly good enough for me!

I remember a number of years ago Gerard, then with Cervelo asked us on ST what the e with the accent, on the head tube of Cervelo's, meant. There were lots of guesses. I'm not sure if anyone guessed right, but he said "engineering"

I like that Cervelo goes with the numbers, not eyeball aerodynamics, for example. They seem to do it better than the other, that seem to worry about 'styling' more than simply going fast.

If the next Cervelo is a beam bike, it will be crazy fast. If it's a standard-ish looking frame, it will be crazy fast. If it has pink streamers on the handlebars it will be crazy fast. That's what Cervelo does.

I just hope it has hydraulic disc brakes! Maybe then I'll sell my P2K and P2 :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the picture on Cervelos website is the P5-X. I've seen the new P5 yellow and black paint on Instagram. My prediction is this is the rumored P5-X update and the P6 comes next year before Kona. The Freddie Van Lierde photo could be a prototype.

Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 25, 16 18:29
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds plausible.....

Anyway, Diamondback beat them to the Punch already

Wouldn't be surprised if Cervelo is right now consulting external investigators to find the leak.

BryanD wrote:
I think the picture on Cervelos website is the P5-X. I've seen the new P5 yellow and black paint on Instagram. My prediction is this is the rumored P5-X update and the P6 comes next year before Kona. The Freddie Van Lierde photo could be a prototype.
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be disappointed if new Cervelo is NOT a beam bike? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DB did add everything that makes a TT bike fast, but they didn't omit what is unnecessary ..

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Quote Reply