Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would those synchronized swimmers be smiling so much....
Quote | Reply
if they knew they were swimming in Ryan Lochte's pee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply
Re: Would those synchronized swimmers be smiling so much.... [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ive said this before but its worth repeating...my now exwife was a nationally ranked synchronized swimmer and always was the first woman out of the water in every race she did. in her first ironman she was the first amateur out of the water with a very very very easily paced 55:xx...people make fun of them but they can easily smack the shit out of 99.9% of the people on this forum, and in races, in the water...they have amazing body position and more importantly, amazing kicks.

oh...and they pee in the pool more than lochte does....way more...maybe that should go on the dirty little secrets thread..
Quote Reply
Re: Would those synchronized swimmers be smiling so much.... [butch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sync Swimming is really difficult - I think it's because they make it look so easy that people seem to think it's not work.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Re: Would those synchronized swimmers be smiling so much.... [butch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My GF was a sychronized swimmer and is normally one of the first out of the water too.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt anyone with an understanding of the difficulty of swimming would put down the physical talents of syncho participants.

I used to participate in a weekly water polo game and our pool time overlapped a syncho squad's practice time. Sometimes one or two would join us afterwards. Their ability to eggbeater is amazing.

But, I once asked a South African girl who seemed to levitate while holding the ball if she had been or was a synchronized swimmer. She actually sneered at me and told me in frank terms that she was a water polo player and not a syncho swimmer.

David K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Butch, kudos to your ex-wife. When I was in high school I attended a US National development camp for water polo players and we got to spend a bunch of time with guys on the '84 Olympic team. I specifically remember Terry Schroeder (now coach of the US men's Oly team and the physique used for the statue of the perfect male athlete outside the LA Coliseum!) telling us that they had been making fun of the female synchro team for a few days at training camp and had been invited to do a practice with the women. They discovered that not one of them could do the leg workout the women did, not one of them!
Quote Reply
Re: Would those synchronized swimmers be smiling so much.... [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They pee in the pool, too. They're in there for 4+ hours straight for practices 2x/day, there's no way around it.
Quote Reply