Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would these wheels be good for cross?
Quote | Reply
I have a set of 2007 Zipp 404 Pave tubulars 32f/32r with black King Classic hubs and black DT aerolite spokes. I know that they are way overbuilt for road and tri racing, but I was wondering if they would be a good choice as cross wheels? Race only or general riding? After a near death experience riding this weekend, I am either going to sell them or move them over to a cross bike to be ridden on a path, off road, etc. They have like 150 miles on them- never really got comfortable with tubies and raced with Hed3's mostly. I could hopefully get a decent price or have a ton of miles left in them. Opinions?
Quote Reply
Re: Would these wheels be good for cross? [cincytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those would make AWESOME cross wheels; darn near ideal, in fact.

What lacing pattern do you have on them? If they're 3x front and rear, I would have to say they are THE ideal cross wheel (although maybe to be truly 100% perfect, they'd have to have Sapim CX-Rays for the Belgian blessing :)

Quote | Reply
Josh - yes, that would be almost the perfect cross wheel as was mentioned. Might as well spring for some sweet Dugast tires on those while you are at it! :-) See you out there.

Quote | Reply
Terrible for Cross, I'll give you $500 for them ;-)

Those are sweet cross wheels, better have the engine to back them up :-)

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed - perfect, I've been dreaming of such a set up for Cross!
Quote Reply
Re: Would these wheels be good for cross? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never priced the Dugast tires, but I am guessing they primo and high dollar, right? Odds of me ever racing cross are pretty slim, so selling them makes more sense... Any idea on what these might fetch? Good luck at your race!
Quote Reply
Re: Would these wheels be good for cross? [Ti T'war] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't even come close to having the engine...about as fredly a situation as it gets!! Prolly going to sell them, but $500.00 is a "bit" low.

@IKnowEverything- these are laced 2x front and rear...
Quote Reply