Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would the EllptiGO be triathlon legal?
Quote | Reply
http://www.elliptigo.com/

Seriously, in place of the bike? And if no, why?

Imagine putting aerobars on this thing. I hate to admit it, but I actually find this contraption intriguing! And it is DK approved so it must be legit, right? ;-)
Last edited by: skyman: Mar 18, 10 13:58
Quote Reply
Re: Would the EllptiGO be triathlon legal? [skyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Would the EllptiGO be triathlon legal? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
None really, it just looks fun for some reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might get one just to piss Tony Kornheiser off.
Quote Reply
Re: Would the EllptiGO be triathlon legal? [paul_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I might get one just to piss Tony Kornheiser off.

Just remember to wear bike shorts and a have a water bottle in you back jersey pocket
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like it could help with the T2 time.

Someone rode one at the Death Ride last year. Did all 5 passes, still looked like a doofus.

It wouldn't be USAT legal in the same way a recumbant isn't.

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't get these treadmill-on-a-bike and elliptical-on-a-bike ideas. I mean, I understand that it's meant to get you out of the gym and in the outdoors, but couldn't you (prepare yourself for a crazy idea) JUST RUN OUTSIDE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
boredom

persequetur vestra metas furiose
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thing looks like a blast in the "cruise down the beach" sense (of course you could get ridiculed, but it does look fun). Frankly, just looking at it in action, it is likely the best cross training for neither cycling nor running, but XC skiiing. It would actually be a good "commuter vehicle" as you could get to work on it and not require a shower and you'd move a lot faster than walking. For some reason even if I ride slow I feel like I need a shower as soon as I exercise sitting on a bike seat!
Quote Reply
Re: Would the EllptiGO be triathlon legal? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.elliptigo.com/sfla/

Karnazes is riding one

Quote Reply
Re: Would the EllptiGO be triathlon legal? [E_moto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its a good way to spam us and advertise a stupid bike

---------------------------
"This wheel definitely beat the 808 in this test, no question, and I do commend Hed on producing a really fast wheel...the wheel is fast, I am not disputing that." - joshatzipp on the Stinger 9
My Website
HEDmafia.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USAT Rules

Note: Section 5.11 references a saddle (which this does not have).

5.12 Untraditional or Unusual Bicycle Equipment. Any unusual bicycle construction or equipment to which the
specifications in Section 5.11 cannot easily be applied shall be illegal unless prior approval is received from the
Head Referee before the equipment is used in the event. Any violation of this Section shall result in disqualification.

You can put out a lot more watts on one of these than on a bike, but they aren't nearly as aero. I biked by a guy on one of these a few weeks ago, and he was doing ~20mph. As for dork factor, it's probably about up there with going to the grocery store in compression socks, but much less than riding a Segway.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Would the EllptiGO be triathlon legal? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One real advantage that I see with this thing is that it will free up more time for training, especially for a guy.

No way in hell will you get laid ever again when you're seen riding one. You'd have so much training time on your hands that making it to Kona will be a sure thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Would the EllptiGO be triathlon legal? [paul_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Training for Kona and getting laid are inversely proportional to one another.....this would just take it to the extreme of the situation becoming completely binary...( 1 or zero)
Quote Reply
Re: Would the EllptiGO be triathlon legal? [Red Devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
its a good way to spam us and advertise a stupid bike

Wait, you work as a bike salesmen??!.......so......you work in an LBS, and your calling any particular piece of 2 wheeled gear "stupid"?

Man, that's MYOPIC. You really should just be happy that more people are getting into the industry, and if the shop you work at carries them, it gives you one more chance to add to your paycheck with that sale in a niche' you previously had no exact answer for.
So lets summarize.
1. you sell bikes. (per your profile)
2. bikes put money in your bank account.
3. you see this bike as "stupid", not "opportunity".
Yeah............you aren't much of a "thinker, are you!?
IF you had a clue, you'd be looking for an opportunity to make some money for yourself and the company you work for.

Quote Reply