Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by lschmidt
Re: Would somebody help explain "block training" to me? [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
block training? You might need to post a better definition of what you mean. Do you mean a block of time focusing on one sport, from your post it looks like no. Do you mean a block of time for the arious phases? Do you mean a specific focus block within a larger general training block?

I'd pull my copy off the shelf but don't want to disturb the dust.

But I'll shoot off the hip at your questions with the caveat that I know nothing about you so this is general and may or mauy not apply to your specific condition or situation. Common side effects include increased fitness, lower race times, possibility of injury, death, mental tramua, lower body composition.

Brick workouts should be used for a specific purpose if you choose to use them. Frequency is dependent upon each situation so I can not specifically answer that question.

Planning a week - you can assign a number of workouts per week. You might want to assign a greater % of time to your weakest event or the event you need to most technical improvement in.

Is it effective? Maybe, but the again maybe not. It's not rocket science but there is a science behind it. Friel's book is very basic when it comes to determining what needs to be done when and where. IMHO, I'd call it a guide book not a bible.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply