Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would multi-purpose races ever work? (you've got the course, use it)
Quote | Reply
I hear that permitting and courses can be a pain and barrier to having local races and events.

So, in the other topic "things you'd pay a lot for" for little things: I'd pay the entry fee to a sprint triathlon or a fondo AND another $20 to $30 on top to have a USAC road race in front of the fondo starters or a time trial starting from T1 at the triathlon.

You've got the venue and timing.......

Start the TT guys off from T1 before and as people enter the water. Most would ride to T1 for warmup anyway and leave from their finish at T2.

The fondo, the front 10% in a fondo often are going balls out anyway. Why not do a wave start with your categories going off 5 min apart with 4/5 going last in the 20min before the fondo starts? Same course, same timing equipment, etc.....

I've seen the fondo thing done over multiple days, but imagine it would save a lot of time/money/volunteers to do it at the same time.

Anyone seen this? Would "brand identity butt hurt" be a primary driver for not combining a time trial with a triathlon, or bike race on the bike leg after the tri folks pass by, or a fondo and a bike race?

Let's assume the following for this:
-the course section that is shared does not change whatsoever for each event, so no extra work there
-there would only be a max of an extra 30 min of "wave starts" or time on course for the extra event

I think the fondo/road race and triathlon/time trial are the best fits. You could do a road race on a tri course, but nobody will want to coordinate their ride back.
Quote Reply