Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would it be possible to find a reputable manufacturer who could mould custom road handlebars (with features such as Di2 routing, classic bend, and aero tops)?
Quote | Reply
To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever made a bar that satisfies all the attributes I'd like, which are:
-Classic round bend,
-Aero top section,
-Internal cable routing, preferably with support for the bar-end junction, and
-38 cm width.

The following are the aero road handlebars with traditional bend of which I'm aware:
-Zipp Vuka Sprint Traditional Bend comes close, but it had only a 40 cm bend, not to mention lack of support for the bar-end junction box. It's by far my favorite bar though, and I jury-rigged it so that it would work with the RS910 bar-end junction.

-Ritchey WCS Streem II bars has only partial internal cable routing; furthermore, nothing in 38 cm.

-Canyon H11 has bars in 39 cm, but it's integrated and would throw off my fit a bit (I'm running a -17 stem, the H11 uses a -6 stem)

-Aerotundo has some rather extreme reach numbers. Also nothing in 38 cm.

-Trek does make the XXX Aero in a 38 cm, but it's not exactly a classic round bend.

So here's my question, how difficult would it be to find a reputable manufacturer who could make a bar to my needs? I know that at least Syncros has made something close (for the Yates brothers and Trentin, as they all prefer classic bends), but they never made those bars available to the public.

I am willing to pay, but whoever that does this needs to be able to have a good track record, as failure of carbon parts means I'd be eating asphalt
Quote Reply
Re: Would it be possible to find a reputable manufacturer who could mould custom road handlebars (with features such as Di2 routing, classic bend, and aero tops)? [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out Calfee Design (Craig Calfee).

https://calfeedesign.com

I know he at least used to offer custom stem/bar combos, he might be able to cook something up for you. His frames are awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Would it be possible to find a reputable manufacturer who could mould custom road handlebars (with features such as Di2 routing, classic bend, and aero tops)? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you. I just sent a request and will reach out to them.
Quote Reply