Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would SRAM Red cranks work with a Dura-Ace Drivetrain?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know? I know SRAMs cassettes have been compatible with Shimano, I doubt their shifters would be but any idea if Red cranks would work on an otherwise DA drivetrain?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Would SRAM Red cranks work with a Dura-Ace Drivetrain? [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank will work fine. Shifters will not. They have a different pull ratio than Shimano.

Quote Reply
Re: Would SRAM Red cranks work with a Dura-Ace Drivetrain? [artmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But a Dura-Ace FD will shift between the chainrings fine on the SRAM crank?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Would SRAM Red cranks work with a Dura-Ace Drivetrain? [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think only the rear derailers and shifters are incompatible.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The DA front der. should work fine with SRAM left shifter. The SRAM shifter has many index points (a la Campy) so I don't see any problem with it... set your limits and shift away.

Rr. der. and right shifter WILL NOT work, however. The SRAM right shifter will not pull enough cable (or too much... I can't remember right now) to move the rr. der. the appropriate distance.

Quote Reply
Re: Would SRAM Red cranks work with a Dura-Ace Drivetrain? [artmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What?

I am not concerned about shifters/derailleurs at all. Just wondering if a DA FD, being shifted by a DA shifter, will work on the SRAM Red crank.

The entire drivetrain is Shimano, just want to know if the Red crank will be compatible with that.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The entire drivetrain is Shimano, just want to know if the Red crank will be compatible with that.
Yes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes. and a DA shifter + a DA RD will work with a SRAM cassette (red if you'd like). spacing is the same, they are interchangeable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can use any combo you want if you want to run a jtek rear derailleur pulley actuator ;)

I love my "hybrid" road bike - best of all worlds: Record10 STI levers, new SRAM K-force Light crank, Dura Ace rear derailer and cassette. All works perfect with the little jtek thingy.

Re: Would SRAM Red cranks work with a Dura-Ace Drivetrain? [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHA...your Franken-Soloist!

I am actually thinking about putting new cranks on my tri bike at some point and was thinking, well, I could take my DA 10-speed cranks off the R3 and put a nice set of compact Red cranks on the R3 and it would look pretty nice :-)

I was actually suprised by the price, cheaper than DA for the Red cranks, the grouppo is pretty expensive but the cranks are competitively priced.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply