Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Workout generator for Wahoo Bolt
Quote | Reply
I have a wahoo bold as my headunit, primarily for outdoor bike rides. I use golden cheetah for workout analysis, so I do not have a trainingpeaks/today's plan/xert subscription. I want the ability to create and load workouts onto the Bolt, but it seems like I cannot do this without subscribing to one of the above options, which I'd rather not do. Anyone know of any way to create their own workouts and load them onto the Bolt outside of having to subscribe to these options?
Quote Reply
Re: Workout generator for Wahoo Bolt [EvanTA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if Wahoo supports it, but FinalSurge has a free tier that includes custom workout creation and scheduling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can manually create a bike workout in TP using the workout builder (add repeats, target power, cadence etc), then sync TP with Wahoo Bolt.
No subscription needed, but you can only create the workouts for today or next day. I always use it.
Quote Reply
Re: Workout generator for Wahoo Bolt [NickMa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickMa wrote:
You can manually create a bike workout in TP using the workout builder (add repeats, target power, cadence etc), then sync TP with Wahoo Bolt.
No subscription needed, but you can only create the workouts for today or next day. I always use it.
As do I
Would be nice if you could save a workout for future use, otherwise its pretty quick to build a workout
Quote Reply
Re: Workout generator for Wahoo Bolt [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seem to be able to store 15 saved workouts in my workout library, which is good for my purposes. I can just keep a separate calendar of workouts so I can do some pre-planning, then day-of drop the desired workout into place on TP and it'll sync. That's not too fussy.

Can you not save workouts in your library? I'm not sure if there is an across the board cutoff at 15 for non-premium users, or if that's some bizarre grandfathering in of the 15 workouts I had saved from when I was a paid user. I can't create new workouts, can only edit those 15 which were already there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can build it day of in training peaks if dont have premium.. one trick I have used is fine a free training plan apply it then I can delete planned workout then add my own therefore building future rides. Kind of a pain but I am cheap and thats the only premium feature I would use. for analysis I use intervals.icu
Quote Reply
Re: Workout generator for Wahoo Bolt [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like they can do it through intervals.icu too now. I know there are some other sites that are free that allow just not sure

https://forum.intervals.icu/t/workout-builder/1163/29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EvanTA wrote:
I seem to be able to store 15 saved workouts in my workout library, which is good for my purposes. I can just keep a separate calendar of workouts so I can do some pre-planning, then day-of drop the desired workout into place on TP and it'll sync. That's not too fussy.

Can you not save workouts in your library? I'm not sure if there is an across the board cutoff at 15 for non-premium users, or if that's some bizarre grandfathering in of the 15 workouts I had saved from when I was a paid user. I can't create new workouts, can only edit those 15 which were already there.

Thanks Evan, nice tip!

OK for the others playing along, here is what I found
If you click on the calendar (top of page, in the centre), you can view past workouts.
Click on the past workout that you like , click on the gear symbol in the top right of the pop up window and you can add the workout to your workout library, which then appears in the top left of the calendar
Open your workout library and drag and drop your workout of choice into the day of choice in the calendar and then upload to your Bolt as usual

I'm not sure how many you can save, but even if its only 4 or 5, that still saves a heap of time.
Last edited by: Andrew69: Feb 12, 21 13:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow,I just noticed there is also 728 workouts by Friel also accessible from the calendar which can be modified to suit and dropped into you calendar and then uploaded
Everything from ski to weights to sbr
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EvanTA wrote:

Cut off for non-premium user is 5 custom workouts
Haven't checked if or how many of Joe Friels workouts you can use or modify
Quote Reply
Re: Workout generator for Wahoo Bolt [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried Trainerday.com? It does have TP sync and Garmin Sync. Not entirely sure about wahoo, but I've used it before w/ my Garmin. (alas, my garmin doesn't support smart trainers so it was really quite useless anyways)

If you're just wanting to do some workouts via your head unit, perhaps you can take a look at this app https://apps.apple.com/...raining/id1541280053 which I'm using extensively now (in lockdown) for my day to day training. Works a treat and it's even sweeter when you don't need to create yet another account and to be asked to signup to yet another app.
Quote Reply
Re: Workout generator for Wahoo Bolt [myjunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
I will check them both out
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting ...speaking of the Bolt its getting a bit long in the tooth, due for an update for sure.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply