Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Womens' Tri Attire HELP!!!!
Quote | Reply
This morning my wife and I were discussing what she should wear in a few of her upcoming triathlons and since I'm a guy... I'm not sure. Up until now she has worn a one peice swim suit for the swim, over which she will put on a pair of strech shorts which she then leaves on for the run. She is interested in a pair of tri shorts with some more padding for the bike but are these designed for the swim and the run as well? I'm sure this topic has been covered elsewhere but when I did a search nothing women specific jumped out at me. For background info most of her triathlons are in the late spring, summer and very early fall so warmth is not a main factor. Also, most of her tris are sprint level (1/2 mile swim, 12-14 mile bike, 5k run) with one olympic so comfort over a LONG distance is also not a main consideration. Thanks in advance for all of the help and good luck in the meat grinder we call triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens' Tri Attire HELP!!!! [EaganMNTri-Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok- I clearly can't type today, let's throw a few Band Aids on this.

Lots of companies make tri-specific shorts and briefs. My favorites, in order, are:

Zoot

De Soto

L. Garneau

Depending on whether she wants shorts, or a bikini bottom type brief, (I prefer shorts) both are available with a thin cycling pad that dries very fast from the swim, helps on the bike, and you don't know it's there on the run. No time wasted trying to pull shorts over a wet body in T1. There are also skinsuits available, which are 1 piece and probably do a better job decreasing muscle vibration, but I'm partial to 2-piece myself, especially in the heat. Go to www.zootsports.com, or www.trisports.com to check out different brands. Hope this helps.

Kate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most people don't recognize opportunity because it wears bib overalls and looks like work.
~Teddy Roosevelt
Last edited by: kategt: Jul 3, 03 8:46
Quote Reply
Re: Womens' Tri Attire HELP!!!! [EaganMNTri-Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear Orca tri shorts, a Sugoi jog bra top (I like it better than the Orca top which doesn't give me enough support) and a sleeveless coolmax shirt. I used to put the coolmax on in T1, but now I just wear it under my wetsuit. I've worn this in 3 sprints, 1 Oly and I'm planning to use it for my first 1/2 IM this weekend (yikes!).

In my first tri when I didn't wear a wetsuit I actually put a Speedo one piece swimsuit on top of my Orca Tri shorts and top and then took that off in T1. I looked like a complete dork, but I didn't care. The Orca top didn't work too well without a wetsuit (the top dragged and let water in, so I had a huge water brake), so that's what I had to do. I just made sure no pictures were taken until after I had the swimsuit off. :)

Good luck to her.

Dawn
Quote Reply