Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone
Quote | Reply
Hearing from Tokyo that strong possibility that women’s race is at risk of being postponed by 1 probably 2 days due to a typhoon predicted to land tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yikes --- I wonder if that means the women would race the day prior to the Relay? Those women who only race Relay, will be well rested.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is mens race today?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is. 3:30 PM MT

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotttriguy wrote:
Yikes --- I wonder if that means the women would race the day prior to the Relay? Those women who only race Relay, will be well rested.

I don't know about other countries, but Summer Rappaport said in an interview with GTN about how the US mixed relay team isn't decided until AFTER the individual tri events.

Not sure if they have dedicated relay teams for other countries but at least got the impression that is not the case for Team USA. Could be interesting to see what happens there across the board of most countries don't have a dedicated relay team vs utilizing athletes from the individual events.
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [Vetratten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vetratten wrote:
Scotttriguy wrote:

I don't know about other countries, but Summer Rappaport said in an interview with GTN about how the US mixed relay team isn't decided until AFTER the individual tri events.

Not sure if they have dedicated relay teams for other countries but at least got the impression that is not the case for Team USA. Could be interesting to see what happens there across the board of most countries don't have a dedicated relay team vs utilizing athletes from the individual events.

My understanding is that you can only select your relay team from people who are racing the individual race. I think at least part of this is because each sport has a quota of how many athletes can stay in the olympic village etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Each country has a maximum 3 men and 3 women (only Australia has managed to pull it off actually), able to race individually and in the 2+2 relay. “Selection” is obvious when you have 2 men and 2 women. The U.S. have 3 women, therefore they have a choice. Same with the U.K.

The relay team members don’t have to actually race the individual event (and, controversially, Dutch men won’t), but they have to qualify and be on the start list of the individual race.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Jul 25, 21 11:00
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is Belgium women starting? Not sure about both Canadian women either. Might just be one starting.

4 men not starting tonight. Although 2 are health related.
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [Vetratten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vetratten wrote:
Scotttriguy wrote:

To add more confusion to the MTR picks, Taylor Spivey and Matt McElroy were both brought to Tokyo by USAT.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fairly certain that the relay team is set, alternates can only be activated for injury.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kirsten is there as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of proof (if any) is required to show that there is actually an injury?
Quote Reply
Re: Women’s Olympic Race risk postpone [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea. But considering that US Athletes are very vocal, I highly doubt Summer Rapport would keep silent if she was dropped for "injury" in favor of Taylor Spivey.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply