Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting?

Here's the story. I have been racing 6 years. I have used coaches the last 3 years.

My first coach was good. It was husband and wife team I progressed and Pr'd in running and tris. I have a hearty virtual life haha and had come across the couple on the internet. They were good enough that I recommended them to several people. One friend who was solely a runner, wanted to work on her HM and Marathon times and hired them for a few months. After struggling for a bit my friend stopped using them. Fine it was a bad fit. No big deal. After 2 years and some strange circumstances I decided to part ways with them and did so amicably. That was a year ago.

Come to find out my fast friend ran a large branded HM yesterday. She ran a respectable 1:30:** for I believe 3rd in her AG. Winning the AG was our old coach running a 1:29:**. Without even looking at photos or results I knew that short of a miracle that this was not physically possible. In looking at the race photos you can in fact see that the person wearing my old coaches bib is a man.

With a brief amount of google searching I came up with 4 other races in the same branded race series where my old coach, a woman in the 45-49 AG gave her bib to the same bearded guy who would proceed to run a medium smokin time in the 1:30s. The guy would in fact mug for the camera showing off his finishers medal.

So what I was to know is why would someone do this? This woman is a coach. She took an AG award from someone she previously coached. The myriad of pictures of some bearded guy running as her are so damn blatant I don't know how in the name of god she wasn't caught before.

I work hard and train my ass off and on a good day run under 1:30:** for a half and usually earn every mile dammit. The fact that this woman knowingly blew up the 45-49 AG using a man blows my mind.

Am I overreacting? God at this point I don't care. The question is how much shouting will I do to make sure it is known she cheats. With a smile no less.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]

Have you written the various RD's with the "proof" and see what they will do?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

No, you are not overreacting if that's the case. It's cheating clear and simple.

I'd make sure first that she doesn't cop to a lesser offense of giving her bib to
someone BUT NOT claiming it as her race result.

Either way she should know better being a coach.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Nov 2, 15 14:32

Wow. Twitch hunts are fun when they're some random cheater nobody knows. But you've actually WORKED with this gal. You said things ended amicably. Was there any indication that they were cheaters or would advocate cheating? Did they give your The Clear before a race? ;)

https://www.strava.com/athletes/10327392

Is she Canadian?

Well, if you really want justice in this, you'll need to show some more proof of the cheating. Name of the race, a shot of the photo with the bib, etc. You don't have to post this info here, but you'll need it if you want to forward this to the race director. If this really happened, it is definitely some hardcore cheating.

OP is either telling the truth or that is one ugly bitch in the photos!

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]

I am struggling with getting a decent contact number. I have sent several corrections requests but want them to know that this is a serial offense

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [nightfend] [ In reply to ]

nightfend wrote:
Well, if you really want justice in this, you'll need to show some more proof of the cheating. Name of the race, a shot of the photo with the bib, etc. You don't have to post this info here, but you'll need it if you want to forward this to the race director. If this really happened, it is definitely some hardcore cheating.

You're not very good with not so subtle clues are you?

Major rule violation. Cheating. Report to RD for sure.

Bib swap is all too common in running. Very easy to bib swap a mass run start race with 5000 participants. Usually they are finishing 1000th or something. Not a coach "winning" an AG against their own clients or ex-clients. That's messed up.

They likely do it to gain "cred" so they can sign up more clients.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [jenniferpelota] [ In reply to ]

you know the funny thing I was thinking about it and the first race i ever won I went home and looked at my garmin file and realized I went off course and called the RD and said hey man I didn't win. My coach told me not to call the RD about the course cut.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [GoPro Hero4] [ In reply to ]

Well it's possible this is all a giant trolling thread...

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [nightfend] [ In reply to ]

It's clearly not. Follow the clues my friend.

I'd tell the coach she needs to come across with some really nice
trucker hats if she doesn't want this to get out.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

'd tell the coach she needs to come across with some really nice
trucker hats if she doesn't want this to get out.

omg thank you I needed a chuckle
Last edited by: tankinisusanne: Nov 2, 15 15:20

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]

This page is even more funny:

http://running.competitor.com/...d=898&pId=253817

thats the thing the bastard is smiling. *&^&^^%^$%$#@$#$@# pisses me off so much I can't even...
Last edited by: tankinisusanne: Nov 2, 15 15:19

She really needs more confidence in herself, she only expected a time of 1:58 and based on her previous results she should have smashed that. Also, shouldn't that put up a red flag for the timing company?

So if anyone knows anyone involved in the inner workings of the Rock n Roll I'd kill for a decent contact email or phone number so that I can pursue this. Bare minimum my friend deserves her appropriate AG placement. It sounds petty but I almost barfed up a lung for a 1:29 on that course. No way no how will I let someone get it through using a man as her runner.

Especially after she ran a 1:45 in Denver....

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the bib# be 'registered' to a F45-49 and the photos in this case would be pretty clear proof that someone else ran in her place? Wouldn't this be a quick DQ, especially if the race doesn't permit bib swapping?

Prev Next