Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]

NJSteve wrote:
Run For Money wrote:
Just say you gave your bibs to a pansy lululemon wearing average runner.

Not to pull a single quote out of your post, but this just can't be lost. It's too good.

Out of respect for the REAL F45-49 AG winners, I take offense at 1:30 being called "average"

"Average" doesn't get on the podium

Granted 1:30 is dreadful by Letsrun standards, no matter which AG you're in

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Toby Tri] [ In reply to ]

She owned up to her mistake

Not remotely. Blamed it on all sorts of things but herself.

It's a weak explanation at best, and delusional at worst. Judging by other responses that have followed, I'm guessing I'm not alone in that opinion.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]

Hmmm....she posted a half-assed apology and then deleted it....I think that answers the sincerity question....

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Patman99] [ In reply to ]

This is the thread that keeps on giving even as things are being taken away.

All together now: WOW.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Patman99] [ In reply to ]

Patman99 wrote:
Hmmm....she posted a half-assed apology and then deleted it....I think that answers the sincerity question....

ST has quote technology as we all know, well maybe except her. So of course it can't really be deleted.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

Post deleted by lahodny [ In reply to ]
Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

pattersonpaul wrote:
Patman99 wrote:

ST has quote technology as we all know, well maybe except her. So of course it can't really be deleted.

there is no way to pull it back is there? I seriously need to read that again...and again. processing...
Last edited by: tankinisusanne: Nov 4, 15 14:27

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [lahodny] [ In reply to ]

Frankly I would have stated that it was her and Elvis' attempt of exposing how
easy it is to cheat in a huge mega race. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyp9fh-u4w8

do that thing.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]

It was captured in a number of replies to her, which had quoted her post. Just see the previous page in this thread.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [lahodny] [ In reply to ]

lahodny wrote:
Patman99 wrote:

Needs to be an apology like this one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFvujknrBuE

I was hoping for this apology.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]

It's quoted in full in posts 171 & 172

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [gunsbuns] [ In reply to ]

gunsbuns wrote:
And just as the thread was about to die......

For her sake, I wish it had. The apology was not exactly convincing but at the end of the day how truly miserable do we have to make her before everyone is satisfied that justice has been served?

I'm not defending her and she deserved to get busted, but at a certain point the whole thing just becomes more sad than anything.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tgarson] [ In reply to ]

It's just the internet - not like she's on the national news. She isn't even an ST regular so all she's got to do is not read ST. But she should be outed as the cheat she is especially as she makes herself out to be a coach who's been put on this earth to 'do good'. This ain't good!

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]

Out the coach! She deserves all the bad press.

tankinisusanne wrote:
Here's the story. I have been racing 6 years. I have used coaches the last 3 years.

My first coach was good. It was husband and wife team I progressed and Pr'd in running and tris. I have a hearty virtual life haha and had come across the couple on the internet. They were good enough that I recommended them to several people. One friend who was solely a runner, wanted to work on her HM and Marathon times and hired them for a few months. After struggling for a bit my friend stopped using them. Fine it was a bad fit. No big deal. After 2 years and some strange circumstances I decided to part ways with them and did so amicably. That was a year ago.

Come to find out my fast friend ran a large branded HM yesterday. She ran a respectable 1:30:** for I believe 3rd in her AG. Winning the AG was our old coach running a 1:29:**. Without even looking at photos or results I knew that short of a miracle that this was not physically possible. In looking at the race photos you can in fact see that the person wearing my old coaches bib is a man.

With a brief amount of google searching I came up with 4 other races in the same branded race series where my old coach, a woman in the 45-49 AG gave her bib to the same bearded guy who would proceed to run a medium smokin time in the 1:30s. The guy would in fact mug for the camera showing off his finishers medal.

So what I was to know is why would someone do this? This woman is a coach. She took an AG award from someone she previously coached. The myriad of pictures of some bearded guy running as her are so damn blatant I don't know how in the name of god she wasn't caught before.

I work hard and train my ass off and on a good day run under 1:30:** for a half and usually earn every mile dammit. The fact that this woman knowingly blew up the 45-49 AG using a man blows my mind.

Am I overreacting? God at this point I don't care. The question is how much shouting will I do to make sure it is known she cheats. With a smile no less.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tgarson] [ In reply to ]

tgarson wrote:
gunsbuns wrote:
And just as the thread was about to die......

For her sake, I wish it had. The apology was not exactly convincing but at the end of the day how truly miserable do we have to make her before everyone is satisfied that justice has been served?

I'm not defending her and she deserved to get busted, but at a certain point the whole thing just becomes more sad than anything.

I saw on CNN where a woman in Afganistan was stoned to death after being accused of adultery so we're a little better.

do that thing.

Patman99 wrote:

Exactly. "It was all a misunderstanding" doesn't explain shit.

And I don't believe for a second that she received death threats. That smelled like her just looking for sympathy. I mean ST does a good twitch hunt, but I don't get the impression that anyone give a shit enough to go to that extreme.

To post a weak apology then state that you won't post more than that shows she knew is was a BS explanation that doesn't stand up.

i think everything that needs to be gained was gained in this thread. were i to lock this thread (which i intend to do in a few minutes) the only thing that we'd lose is the entertainment at the expense of the subject. but the subject has apologized, however inartfully some or many of you think the apology was. it's sufficient.

so, get in your last comments, bar's closing shortly.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Hang on....the apology has been retracted now?

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

I'll have 5 schooners please barman - just in case

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Slowman, the fact that the "apology" got pulled speaks volumes here.....so I don't think it actually was sufficient.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

Let's not forget Moats!

RandMart wrote:
RandMart wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Sweet!

Nicely
played

It occurred to me in the car on the way home tonight that my Double Letter Cheater Identification Protocol is holding true

Litton
Rossi
Miller
Sweet

Patman99 wrote:
Slowman, the fact that the "apology" got pulled speaks volumes here.....so I don't think it actually was sufficient.

She doesn't owe ST an apology. It's not like T3 or SurfingLamb where the accused purposely tried to deceive the ST forum. She owes an apology to the OP, to those she cheated out of placings/awards, RNR series, her sponsors, and her clients.

I too think her apology is full of shit, but at the end of the day I don't really if she is sincere or not.

Patman99 wrote:

Wow, you are right. Deleted the post? Just wow.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

Slowman wrote:
so, get in your last comments, bar's closing shortly.

Priceless.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [rlhbusl] [ In reply to ]

you guys are awesome. I am feeling pissed but at the very least acknowledged that this is straight up bulls*t. Thank u slowtwitchers. No more colored fonts I promise

Prev Next