Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

And just as the thread was about to die......

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]

Mike C wrote:
Wow.

And not in a good way.

+2

"if you chose it, it's not really pain"

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Sam3755] [ In reply to ]

Sam3755 wrote:

I am honest, I am a good person and I do not lie, cheat or steal.
My heart is sad but hopeful. Be well ( and yes Elvis used my bib ( we should have assured that tour pass at been switched ) at 3 other RNR races and they should have been adjusted accordingly, we never thought of it as anything more than hey you're not racing can I use your number type of situation and for that we were wrong and have made sure it will never happen again. EVER! )

From RNR's Website

>TourPass may only be used by the purchaser to register for eligible races. All TourPass purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable.

So I guess lying, cheating and stealing are things you actually do, since having someone else use your nontransferable TourPass would hit all three.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

Have to admit this is not a simple misunderstanding. You broke the rules clearly. How could you not know this is against the rules if you are a coach and have competed in any type of race before. You're a cheater. I am sorry to hear about the rough patch and condolences on your losses however those are irrelevant to this thread.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

pattersonpaul wrote:
she's a serial misunderstander?

and the dude with the beard is "Mister Understand Her?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]

Mike C wrote:
Wow.

And not in a good way.

+3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]

Well, she apologized and is attempting to set the record straight. I like a good ole fashioned twitch hunt as much as the next person, but it looks like we're not gonna get a dramatic Rossi-like defiant claim of innocence here. Looks like this case is closed.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Toby Tri] [ In reply to ]

This is one of those situations where she may have been better off saying nothing than posting what she did.

No misunderstanding here.

You messed up, got caught with your pants down. Your apology is weak and the fact you can't own up why you actually did it in the first place is what pisses everyone off.

It's like an Lance Armstrong apology. Go all out or don't go at all.
Last edited by: t daddy: Nov 4, 15 13:30

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [holograham] [ In reply to ]

holograham wrote:
Have to admit this is not a simple misunderstanding. You broke the rules clearly.

And repeatedly

http://www.marathonfoto.com/...0&LastName=SWEET

Last edited by: RandMart: Nov 4, 15 13:31

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Sam3755] [ In reply to ]

Sam3755 wrote:
I will never race another RNR race

Why do I get the idea that wasn't entirely her own decision? Banned, perhaps?

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

RandMart wrote:
Sam3755 wrote:
I will never race another RNR race

Why do I get the idea that wasn't entirely her own decision? Banned, perhaps?

Right.

I'll will never compete for the Miss America crown.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [t daddy] [ In reply to ]

t daddy wrote:
No misunderstanding here.

You messed up, got caught with your pants down. Your apology is weak and the fact you can't own up why you actually did it in the first place is what pisses everyone off.

It's like an Lance Armstrong apology. Go all out or don't go at all.

Yep

I would guess in most cases never a good answer why someone feels they have to cheat. There will be only one person they will have to answer that question to.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]

NJSteve wrote:
[I'll will never compete for the Miss America crown.

Thank God for that!!!

Mike C wrote:
This is one of those situations where she may have been better off saying nothing than posting what she did.

Really, how so? She owned up to her mistake and apologized, which is more than what can be said for the overwhelming cheaters/bandits that have been nabbed over the years. She stated some personal issues had her mind on more important matters, but that that was still no excuse. She never claimed the races results or awards as her own, neither on Facebook, Athlinks, etc. She has contacted RNR in order to have the race results corrected and has stated she will never run another RNR race again. It's still entirely up to them as to whether they will issue a ban, not the Slowtwitch/Letsrun committee.

Look, I get it. We were all hoping for another Finman/Mike Rossi show, but we're not gonna get one. I still get a kick out of the Rossi thread in LetsRun and can't wait to see his race results in the coming months. But in this case, what more do you want from this person?

The fact that you came onto ST is positive and the first step towards atonement. But I don't know you at all and I find it hard to believe that it is a simple misunderstanding when you provided your race bib to a man multiple times, let the results stand, and made no attempt to set the record straight until you were called out. As a runner and a coach, do results mean nothing to you? Are you saying you never checked the results attributed to you? That you had no concern for the other women who were cheated out of their proper placing? As a COACH, you had to have known the implications of a runner much faster than you using your bib to run under your name. So yes, I'm extremely skeptical of your claim that this wasn't intentional.

But again, it took guts to come onto ST and offer your apology, even if much of it comes across as excuse making. I trust this is behind you now, the lesson has been learned well, and we'll never read about any repeat occurrence in the future. On that note, all the best to you from this point forward.

RandMart wrote:
holograham wrote:
Have to admit this is not a simple misunderstanding. You broke the rules clearly.

And repeatedly

http://www.marathonfoto.com/...0&LastName=SWEET
All these pictures prove one thing...Elvis loved the ever-living shit out of getting to run these races as a chick.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]

As a runner and a coach, do results mean nothing to you? Are you saying you never checked the results attributed to you? That you had no concern for the other women who were cheated out of their proper placing? As a COACH, you had to have known the implications of a runner much faster than you using your bib to run under your name. So yes, I'm extremely skeptical of your claim that this wasn't intentional.

ok ready. this woman trained me for this exact distance. I won my AG 2 years ago at the philly HM. THIS WOULD HAVE MADE ME LOSE IT HAD I FOUND OUT SOMEONE TOOK FIRST IN FRONT OF ME THIS WAY. Not ONCE but 3-4 times in other races. I call BULLSHIT.

OH yeah here's another fact that wasn't brought up. Ive said it several times and I will say it again. THIS WAS DONE PURPOSEFULLY. Sam Knew a woman she had previously coached was running in her AG. AND YET STILL LET A FAST GUY RUN IN HER BIB AND WHEN CONFRONTED NO ACTUALLY CONGRATULATED HER RESPONSE WAS A GD SMILEY FACE ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!! There is NO MISUNDERSTANDING HERE!!!!!! Its OBVIOUS.

breathe breathe. sorry for the shouting. my fingertips hurt from angry typing

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]

Well said.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]

Yep, you have EVERY reason to be pissed! I don't believe her story at all, but she did come on and apologize, and that is pretty rare if not a first. So even if the apology is half-hearted, it's time to move on.

Meanwhile, congratulations on your run and I hope you have many PRs in your future.
Last edited by: HuffNPuff: Nov 4, 15 13:56

Sam3755 wrote:
This was all a simple misunderstanding, that was corrected and brought to the attention of RNR by myself before all of these comments. I'm sorry if anyone believes I acted nefariously or with poor intent as that was never the intent. I never claimed any accolades or claimed any of the races as that i was myself running them. In short there was no intent to defraud or deceive.
I apologize and I'm sorry someone who knows me and has worked with me forgotten who I am and what I stand for. You can ask any of my true friends. I am honest, I am a good person and I do not lie, cheat or steal. I am a good coach and have spent many yrs studying the human body to help athletes become better versions of themselves not for me or my ego but for them. I will take the blame if there needs to be blame, that maybe I should have been more on the ball with the results at this past weekends races but to be honest I have been in a cloud of sad since the recent passing of my Dad and my dog. Am I making an excuse? No. I am simply saying that maybe my clouded sadness did not make me focus on the results but rather on the dedicated Tree and Bench on the U of P campus in honor of my father. ( he is alum)

So here again, I will apologize. I will never race another RNR race , I have confirmed with RNR that all results and proper awards have been, and I have explained the situation to the ppl and trusted associated that care about me. They know me and know this has been a bad misunderstanding that should have been handled differently.
I am not worthy of death threats or acts of harm to myself, my husband or my dog. ( too bad the person didn't realize he already passed 3 weeks ago too)

So please...Susanne, Julie and everyone accept my apology. YOU KNOW ME and you know this never happened because I was trying to perpetrate from con or fraud. I fixed as fast as I could but it wasn't soon enough, and for that I can only say I'm sorry.

I would say if reflection something that Golden Harper said to me yesterday , ( I'm paraphrasing )...You have to bleed sometimes to understand whats important and meaningful in life. So now I have bled again, this time not because of a death but because I was part of a misunderstanding... the cause actually if you would. And for that I am even sadder yet hopeful that people maybe read this and know what I say is true.
I was put on this earth to make a difference in ppl's lives and to makes ppl's lives better being a coach. All of this is just another reminded that I need to make sure I hold myself to a better and higher standard , and that I don't make the mistakes again.

I had to join ST to post this and wont post again but wanted to write this apology and say I'm sorry to Susanne and especially to the women in the AG awards. I'm sorry I cause this much anger and this much hate towards me and my family, but I still 100% believe in your more than awesome abilities as athletes and as runners. You will carry on to do much much greater things, just like I used to tell you on a weekly basis. On a side note, thank you for being ever vigilant to cheating. Being honest is the only way endurance sports should be

My heart is sad but hopeful. Be well ( and yes Elvis used my bib ( we should have assured that tour pass at been switched ) at 3 other RNR races and they should have been adjusted accordingly, we never thought of it as anything more than hey you're not racing can I use your number type of situation and for that we were wrong and have made sure it will never happen again. EVER! )

A good effort, but somewhat unconvincing. It's not like you shouldn't have known better than transferring bibs was against the rules, nor that you would have known that your false results were affecting other potential podium placers. Your best defense seems to be that you didn't care about those other podium placers.

Sam3755 wrote:
This was all a simple misunderstanding, that was corrected and brought to the attention of RNR by myself before all of these comments. I'm sorry if anyone believes I acted nefariously or with poor intent as that was never the intent. I never claimed any accolades or claimed any of the races as that i was myself running them. In short there was no intent to defraud or deceive.
I apologize and I'm sorry someone who knows me and has worked with me forgotten who I am and what I stand for. You can ask any of my true friends. I am honest, I am a good person and I do not lie, cheat or steal. I am a good coach and have spent many yrs studying the human body to help athletes become better versions of themselves not for me or my ego but for them. I will take the blame if there needs to be blame, that maybe I should have been more on the ball with the results at this past weekends races but to be honest I have been in a cloud of sad since the recent passing of my Dad and my dog. Am I making an excuse? No. I am simply saying that maybe my clouded sadness did not make me focus on the results but rather on the dedicated Tree and Bench on the U of P campus in honor of my father. ( he is alum)

So here again, I will apologize. I will never race another RNR race , I have confirmed with RNR that all results and proper awards have been, and I have explained the situation to the ppl and trusted associated that care about me. They know me and know this has been a bad misunderstanding that should have been handled differently.
I am not worthy of death threats or acts of harm to myself, my husband or my dog. ( too bad the person didn't realize he already passed 3 weeks ago too)

So please...Susanne, Julie and everyone accept my apology. YOU KNOW ME and you know this never happened because I was trying to perpetrate from con or fraud. I fixed as fast as I could but it wasn't soon enough, and for that I can only say I'm sorry.

I would say if reflection something that Golden Harper said to me yesterday , ( I'm paraphrasing )...You have to bleed sometimes to understand whats important and meaningful in life. So now I have bled again, this time not because of a death but because I was part of a misunderstanding... the cause actually if you would. And for that I am even sadder yet hopeful that people maybe read this and know what I say is true.
I was put on this earth to make a difference in ppl's lives and to makes ppl's lives better being a coach. All of this is just another reminded that I need to make sure I hold myself to a better and higher standard , and that I don't make the mistakes again.

I had to join ST to post this and wont post again but wanted to write this apology and say I'm sorry to Susanne and especially to the women in the AG awards. I'm sorry I cause this much anger and this much hate towards me and my family, but I still 100% believe in your more than awesome abilities as athletes and as runners. You will carry on to do much much greater things, just like I used to tell you on a weekly basis. On a side note, thank you for being ever vigilant to cheating. Being honest is the only way endurance sports should be

Just say you cheated, not once not twice but numerous times, just say you tried to fool people that were actually a decent runner to help your coaching business. Just say you gave your bibs to a pansy lululemon wearing average runner. Just don't make damn excuses about your father and dog who passed away damn......

This is what is wrong with the society now; people do something wrong and don't take ACCOUNTABILITY for their actions they make up these excuses and stories for why they did it.

Sad little person.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]

Again, with the font.....

Well, just read this whole thread, and there goes another hour of perfectly wasted productivity here at work.

Last edited by: Endo: Nov 4, 15 14:00

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Run For Money] [ In reply to ]

Run For Money wrote:
Just say you gave your bibs to a pansy lululemon wearing average runner.

Not to pull a single quote out of your post, but this just can't be lost. It's too good.

Prev Next