Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

I got the block too. The bearded guy is running with her husband and is in a bunch of the pics. She's busted. I just hope they remove her from all the races

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [integrator] [ In reply to ]

integrator wrote:
I got the block too. The bearded guy is running with her husband and is in a bunch of the pics. She's busted. I just hope they remove her from all the races

i am doing my very best to make rock n rock series aware and if they are classy and care about their runners will keep her out of their races altogether.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]

tankinisusanne wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Apparently she has all sorts of sponsors listed on her facebook page... You might contact them too with this evidence.

And.... look at her "how awesome I am" post....

https://www.facebook.com/...ntha.sweet.5?fref=nf

I can't see it I'm blocked. hahaha. Yeah uh she's a rep for Altra.

Golden Harper and Brian Beckstead might be interested in this...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [brider] [ In reply to ]

Those are Altra people right? Also someone found out the name of the guy with the beard John Elvis Taska from arizona. The other guy in the pic is her husband also a coach and ultra runner.

brider wrote:
tankinisusanne wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Apparently she has all sorts of sponsors listed on her facebook page... You might contact them too with this evidence.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [tankinisusanne] [ In reply to ]

tankinisusanne wrote:
Those are Altra people right? Also someone found out the name of the guy with the beard John Elvis Taska from arizona. The other guy in the pic is her husband also a coach and ultra runner.

brider wrote:
tankinisusanne wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Two of the three founders of Altra (to my recollection). I've spoken with Brian -- he was (at the time) the on-the-road rep and in Boston (I'm near Seattle) -- about some issues I had just trying on a model of their shoes, and he wanted to talk to me about it.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [GoPro Hero4] [ In reply to ]

GoPro Hero4 wrote:
OP is either telling the truth or that is one ugly bitch in the photos!

Alright, I saw the clues: F45-49, major branded HM this weekend, 3rd place in under 1:30, but I'm still very impressed. Was there another clue(s) that I missed?

Most impressive. [golf clap]

tankinisusanne wrote:

brider wrote:
tankinisusanne wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

I can't access Facebook at work. So was she first claiming she legitimately ran the 1:29 at Philly and now she's admitting it was someone else (presumably now that so many people are aware)?

Has she publicly taken credit for any of the other times bearded dude has run? Or will she be able to claim she just gave him the bib for some reason, and never claimed to have run those times?

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Honey] [ In reply to ]

Honey wrote:
Wow, I knew this woman 7-8 years ago. Have to say that is a pretty dumb move on her part. Heard that she reps for a shoe company at all of the RNR races and she is a COACH!!!!!????? Guess anyone can be a coach........

Anyone can call themselves a coach and sit though long classes and with a average intelligence and some studying pass all the tests. That doesn't; make them knowledgeable or in this case ethical.

Actually, some organizations have an ethics agreement and code of conduct you sign. If she was a USAT coach, she would likely have her membership and credentials suspended. If it was a USAT triathlon event, she could be banned for life.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]

Kay Serrar wrote:
I can't access Facebook at work. So was she first claiming she legitimately ran the 1:29 at Philly and now she's admitting it was someone else (presumably now that so many people are aware)?

Has she publicly taken credit for any of the other times bearded dude has run? Or will she be able to claim she just gave him the bib for some reason, and never claimed to have run those times?

This.

I suppose that neglecting to DQ your result from a race you know you didn't run is essentially the same thing, but it looks as though she has a half-assed explanation there.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [aw3] [ In reply to ]

Team Sweet should start by updating their circa 2007 website.

I don't see any coaching credential listed. They probably used to sell real estate and switched to coaching just before 2008. Before they they probably had an internet start-up.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com

Post deleted by bluemonkeytri [ In reply to ]
Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [integrator] [ In reply to ]

integrator wrote:
on facebook she is saying it's her friend Elvis, and not her.

"Ladies and Gentleman, Elvis has left the race course!"

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]

Burnt Toast wrote:
integrator wrote:
on facebook she is saying it's her friend Elvis, and not her.

"Ladies and Gentleman, Elvis has left the race course!"

So he cut the course, too?

Man, that's just bad

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]

motoguy128 wrote:

I don't see any coaching credential listed. They probably used to sell real estate and switched to coaching just before 2008. Before they they probably had an internet start-up.

Judging by the name, I'd imagine they were "home-made" entrepreneurs.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [kyle h] [ In reply to ]

kyle h wrote:
motoguy128 wrote:

Judging by the name, I'd imagine they were "home-made" entrepreneurs.

Like the "Christmas Jammies" idiots?

God help us

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [aw3] [ In reply to ]

aw3 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

This.

I suppose that neglecting to DQ your result from a race you know you didn't run is essentially the same thing, but it looks as though she has a half-assed explanation there.

I have no idea what she claimed. the point is in the results for the AG she is listed as the winner of women 45-49. If you want to get nick picky I could point out that when this coach was congratulated on her race via text by a former client who placed 3rd in the AG and the coaches response was simply a smiley face. emoticon. This along with the bearded dude holding up his finishers medal in 4 other races with her name made me throw this out there. Someone is LetsRun pointed out that RNR is a series for AGroupers. You accrue points and win stuff at the end. this woman has won the 45-49 AG the last 2 years and was more than grateful for my information.

Yeah I get it sometimes you can't get into a race and use someone else's bib. I did this once in Disney and paced my Dh to a 4 hour marathon. The woman I bought the bib from was sulky that my time was so slow. After this experience I will never consider it again.

This one had so much potential as a 23 page classic.

Mistake #1- solving the mystery and outing the offender way too early in. OP did not hem/haw or abandon their thread for a day or two like many do to create some mystery and speculation. Mystery was solved with conclusive finisher pics by page two.

Mistake #2- too much conclusive evidence and clear rational verbiage by OP. The troll and/or plot twist potential shriveled and died way too early in.

Overall twitchhunt score: D+

"It never gets easier, you just go faster."
-Greg LeMond

tankinisusanne wrote:

aw3 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

This.

I have no idea what she claimed. the point is in the results for the AG she is listed as the winner of women 45-49. If you want to get nick picky I could point out that when this coach was congratulated on her race via text by a former client who placed 3rd in the AG and the coaches response was simply a smiley face. emoticon. This along with the bearded dude holding up his finishers medal in 4 other races with her name made me throw this out there. Someone is LetsRun pointed out that RNR is a series for AGroupers. You accrue points and win stuff at the end. this woman has won the 45-49 AG the last 2 years and was more than grateful for my information.

Yeah I get it sometimes you can't get into a race and use someone else's bib. I did this once in Disney and paced my Dh to a 4 hour marathon. The woman I bought the bib from was sulky that my time was so slow. After this experience I will never consider it again.

When I and one other STer told her point blank via FB comments on her page that some dude with a beard was running half marathons across the country under her name she did not seem to have the "WTF!" reaction of an innocent person. Instead the comments were removed by her and we were both banned.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Nov 3, 15 7:42

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [gluestick] [ In reply to ]

gluestick wrote:

Mistake #1- solving the mystery and outing the offender way too early in. OP did not hem/haw or abandon their thread for a day or two like many do to create some mystery and speculation. Mystery was solved with conclusive finisher pics by page two.

Mistake #2- too much conclusive evidence and clear rational verbiage by OP. The troll and/or plot twist potential shriveled and died way too early in.

Yeah you can tell I'm a rookie. haha.

So we don't really know if she's claiming the glory of these fast runs in her name. I guess she isn't as that would be just too much.

Presumably she entered the race(s) and got injured and let her pal run them. You'd think that once this might have happened - but what is it - 4 races ? Seems too much.

If her replacement was just running round and not messing up the AG results then I'd feel inclined to let it slide - but to mess up the awards and trophies - that isn't right and she should know this and she should be the one DQing herself after each race. It's just not the way you do things.
Last edited by: cougie: Nov 3, 15 7:55

tankinisusanne wrote:
gluestick wrote:

Oh come on... Drag the sponsors into it. Let's get this into the "shit gets real" zone.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [cougie] [ In reply to ]

cougie wrote:
Presumably she entered the race(s) and got injured and let her pal run them. You'd think that once this might have happened - but what is it - 4 races ? Seems to much.

If it was because of injury, how does this guy get to all these races all over the country with such short notice? He must be spending a bunch on flights or have a bunch of frequent flyer miles.

Re: Woman gives her race bib to a man and he wins AG at RNR Philly? Am I overreacting? [cougie] [ In reply to ]

Perhaps this was already stated, but it's not really clear to me.............has anyone directly asked her for a comment/explanation yet? Or is her position still being inferred from facebook emojis and blocked users?

tankinisusanne wrote:
gluestick wrote:

Maybe too many clues in the original post? Normally, we'd have to dig through your old posts to find other info, etc.Although admittedly, I'm pretty weak at the whole thing. I usually just wait until the offender is outed.

The lack of denial and outrage from the accused is always a let down.

tankinisusanne wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by rep but I looked and she is not (currently) an Ambassador :) http://blog.altrazerodrop.com/ambassadors/

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca

Prev Next