Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wolf fork failure (pics) [HH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if my forks were Wolf SL, they were definitely True Temper / Alpha Q all carbon forks.

The bike was a Guru, you can see the picture here of it from when I first had it http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rus/Aeroti_P2145590/

After about 700-miles, I was out on a multisports training camp in September with Roch Frey, Jimmy R, Matt etc. riding down the road and we stopped at a light... just before I felt the bars move and I thought it was odd. When I stood up and pulled on the bars to move away, they came off in my hands, I slipped forward and "winded" myself, but was mostly very embarrassed. I'd only just met these folks and this happened. Heather Fuhr came to collect me, que more embarrassment...

Everyone agreed it was a freak. I borrowed another fork set for the rest of the camp, and when I got home took the bike back to the shop, they also thought it was a freak and organised a replacement set, painted to match. Guess what, after no more than another 250-miles, I was leading a shop ride, my last before IMAZ and I felt the telltale wiggle while on the aero bars. I was very, very careful for the remaining 5-miles of the ride, when I got back to the shop we took the bars apart and they had started to SPLIT in exactly the same place.

I spoke to Bert Hull at Alpha Q / True Temper briefly but he wasn't very forthcoming, preferring to deal with the shop. I'll head to the bike shop at the w/e to collect my bike after the Tri Bike transport drop-off and see what the issue is...
Quote Reply

Prev Next