Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wolf Pack Tyres
Quote | Reply
Looks like an interesting new company from someone with an impressive pedigree of work with other tyre companies. https://www.wolfpack-tires.com/en-gb/legende
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks promising. Price is reasonable. Road tires only in 24 and 26mm. Would love to see a 22mm with thin tread and no vectran, like the old Conti SS 23.

https://www.wolfpack-tires.com/en-gb/race2
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any updates on this? The website says the creator developed Black Chili and Gripton

Would be interesting to see it tested by BRR
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They also offer a 25g inner tube made of TPU which claims to save 8W (not sure if each or for the pair but it's phrased in the singular) compared to a 100g butyl tube, measured on a track.
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
They also offer a 25g inner tube made of TPU which claims to save 8W (not sure if each or for the pair but it's phrased in the singular) compared to a 100g butyl tube, measured on a track.

Sounds like the lightest Tubolito tube, which they say is as fast as latex but not suitable for rim brakes (I guess the heat tolerance is low).
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Sounds like the lightest Tubolito tube, which they say is as fast as latex but not suitable for rim brakes (I guess the heat tolerance is low).

Fine in a TT... never need to use brakes anyway..;)
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. So as fast as latex but 1/3rd of the weight? I'll have to look into these for flat courses. I wonder how they compare to latex in pressure retention and puncture resistance
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Interesting. So as fast as latex but 1/3rd of the weight? I'll have to look into these for flat courses. I wonder how they compare to latex in pressure retention and puncture resistance
They would be more beneficial in a hilly race or one with lots of turns and accelerations. On a flat course rotational weight is of little consequence once up to speed. It can actually have a bit of a flywheel effect.

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What benefit does flywheel effect have? Any inertia requires energy to build up. At best, you would just be changing the timing.

I see your point about hills, but as mentioned above these are not well suited for clinchers on hilly courses due to heat.
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
What benefit does flywheel effect have? Any inertia requires energy to build up. At best, you would just be changing the timing.

I see your point about hills, but as mentioned above these are not well suited for clinchers on hilly courses due to heat.

I thought I was the only one still riding clinchers. /pink

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Re: Wolf Pack Tyres [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting tire... would be interested to hear any personal reviews... can't find much info on them otherwise.
Quote Reply