Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
With no xc skiing races going on, the athletes are now going loooooong
Quote | Reply
With no competitions going on the skiers in Norway are bored.
What is the cure?
Going long, really long.
We are talking 320 miles.
1. Anders og Jørgen Aukland og Joar Thele - 516 km
2. Eirik Asdøl - 376
3. Thea Murud – 347
4. Casper Rønning - 331
5. Knut Holmann og Eivind Vold – 325
6. Oliver Aukland - 288
7. Julie Vollum Bø - 247
8. Hans Christer Holund - 204
https://www.kondis.no/....6301023-127145.html

Quote Reply
Re: With no xc skiing races going on, the athletes are now going loooooong [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this not a triathlon forum?
Last edited by: WHITEJM74: Mar 31, 20 13:03
Quote Reply
Re: With no xc skiing races going on, the athletes are now going loooooong [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:

Winter triathlon includes skiing and everyone is welcome to talk about the individual sports that make up triathlon here.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: With no xc skiing races going on, the athletes are now going loooooong [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We better get Dan to update the FAQ then because it clearly says Swim Bike Run
Quote Reply
Re: With no xc skiing races going on, the athletes are now going loooooong [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Says the guy who joined two weeks ago?

ETA: To explain further, using the first reply to attack someone who has been on this forum since 2008, longer than 95% of us even know what triathlon was, is just not very cool. Take your negativity to letsrun where you can find someone as against XC skiing as you are.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Last edited by: hadukla: Mar 31, 20 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: With no xc skiing races going on, the athletes are now going loooooong [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why does it matter when I joined? Are the FAQ only for new members? I suppose your 3.5 years gives you carte blanche to post whatever you want?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It matters, read my ETA

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, it really doesn't. Even those who have been here the longest can fall victim to making "off topic" posts that belong elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: With no xc skiing races going on, the athletes are now going loooooong [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And to bring the subject back to the forefront (might have fed the troll), heck, long skiing would be optimal right about now, can't be as crowded as bike paths these days!

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
Actually, it really doesn't. Even those who have been here the longest can fall victim to making "off topic" posts that belong elsewhere.

Sounds like someone has "lock down" fever. Sheesh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
Why does it matter when I joined? Are the FAQ only for new members? I suppose your 3.5 years gives you carte blanche to post whatever you want?

Perhaps if you would sit and read for a while you might realize we discuss all manner of endurance sports here. Yes triathlon is primary, and not only is swimming, cycling and running as individual sports discussed, but you will see other tangentially related topics as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the Forum !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:

Perhaps if you would sit and read for a while you might realize we discuss all manner of endurance sports here. Yes triathlon is primary, and not only is swimming, cycling and running as individual sports discussed, but you will see other tangentially related topics as well.

g_lev is pretty spot on. We've been discussing xc skiing on here at least 10-12 years back. If you were really a smart dude, really looking to improve your triathlon game you'd go look through the archives for some of the posts then think how that could apply to your tri training.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did not expect so much traction on a Tuesday. But I am happy the beautiful endurance sport of cross country skiing is bringing the emotions out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:

Yeah, you come to a party and tell the party goers who come to the house to party every day what is acceptable.

There are easily over 1000 threads on this forum on XC skiing. On the training log, it is one of the exercise options, so please just allow people to have discussions on aerobic sports (the name http://www.slowtwitch.com is a clue).

In case you don't know, slowman was a high school nordic ski racer and top miler (running) when he grew up in the Lake Tahoe region, so its going to be hard if you come on here and slam people for XC skiing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They all out exercised Joe Skipper!!!!

Super cool. I assume skate technique?

Halvard wrote:
With no competitions going on the skiers in Norway are bored.
What is the cure?
Going long, really long.
We are talking 320 miles.
1. Anders og Jørgen Aukland og Joar Thele - 516 km
2. Eirik Asdøl - 376
3. Thea Murud – 347
4. Casper Rønning - 331
5. Knut Holmann og Eivind Vold – 325
6. Oliver Aukland - 288
7. Julie Vollum Bø - 247
8. Hans Christer Holund - 204
https://www.kondis.no/....6301023-127145.html

Quote Reply
Re: With no xc skiing races going on, the athletes are now going loooooong [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of double poling. Especially for Aukland. While he was born in 1972 he is still top 10 in Vasaloppet.

Fun fact: Aukland was a sub 5000m on the track runner back in the days.
(I am sure he can ride a bike, not sure about swimming. So it is almost triathlon........)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:

Welcome to Slowtwitch. I don't think you're going to enjoy your time here, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Lots of double poling. Especially for Aukland. While he was born in 1972 he is still top 10 in Vasaloppet.

Fun fact: Aukland was a sub 5000m on the track runner back in the days.
(I am sure he can ride a bike, not sure about swimming. So it is almost triathlon........)

Did you mean Aukland was sub 15 min 5000m m, sub 14:30 or sub 14?

By the way out of curiousity I would assume almost no one in Norway has a beef with these stop skiers doing a self generated endurance challenge during this worldwide pandemic period, if so great that this is the case. I was able to return to skate skiing this year after a multi year hiatus, so seeing what these guys can do is exciting! Thanks for posting this news.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have asked questions about waxing on this forum and got useful answers. Someone was just talking about the ski erg. It's a great way to spend the winter, I wish we still had snow.
Quote Reply
Re: With no xc skiing races going on, the athletes are now going loooooong [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jroden wrote:
I have asked questions about waxing on this forum and got useful answers. Someone was just talking about the ski erg. It's a great way to spend the winter, I wish we still had snow.

We have plenty of snow here, but they closed Gatineau Park because some yahoo hikers did not physically distance 10 days ago. The skiers were all be good citizens (heck skate skiiing just inherently forces a certain amount of distancing given the poles and skis unless you are a pro tour skier and know exactly how to draft really tight without tripping up yourself and the other racer).
Quote Reply
Re: With no xc skiing races going on, the athletes are now going loooooong [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After my vasectomy, skate skiing was the only sport I could tolerate. Much as I prefer classic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Lord! I didn't think that I could have any more admiration for elite XC skiers...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
We better get Dan to update the FAQ then because it clearly says Swim Bike Run
Look at this guy thinking spending energy on this is worth it. Let it go. You just look sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:

Yes it is...

(click the link and you might be able to join in the conversation)
https://www.triathlon.org/...rts/winter_triathlon
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Mar 31, 20 21:27
Quote Reply

Prev Next