Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wisconsin Events
Quote | Reply
Hey all:

What are your opinions of Wisconsin Tri Series Events? Has anyone done all four (lake mills, D Lake, Madison, something else)? What were your thoughts on each?

I'm new to Triathlon. Anything you recommend for these events for newbies?

Oh, and I will *not* be attempting IMWi or the D Lake TinMan... yet.

Thanks in advance.

Burns
Quote Reply
Re: Wisconsin Events [Burns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey dere, fellow Cheesehead!

I did the Lake Mills event last year and loved it. The water was cold and clear, the bike wasn't too tough and the run was a straight out-and-back along one of those "rails-to-trails" paths. I would do it again, but I want to go longer this year and the Elkhart Lake Oly is the same weekend.

If you haven't done a tri yet, I would highly recommend the upcoming J-Hawk tri in Whitewater on April 27th. That was my first tri last year (or ever), and it was a great way to start things off. The swim is in the UW-W pool, the bike is not a killer and the run is on the UW-W cross-country course (it was a little more difficult than a standard road run, but A LOT easier on the knees!).

Have a great season!

Dave in WI
-----------------------------------------------------
"What you once were isn't what you want to be anymore" - Wilco
Quote Reply
Re: Wisconsin Events [Burns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wisconsin tri series events are low-key but quality events. They have been doing those races at their respective locations for years and many people in the area make a point of doing all three as part of their own little race "traditions." I've done all of them at least twice.

I know the race directors personally, saw'em this morning actually, and they do a good job and put on a safe event. These tris are definitely good for a newbie and always attract a staple of the local tri community. Devils Lake is always a good season closer and it's the best venue of the three, in my opinion. All races include a nice catered lunch too. I'd pick Lake Mills as 2nd favorite and Madison Classic (lake mendota) as my third favorite.

Have fun! I'll see you on the course (racing or volunteering)

Kyle Handley ---Madison, WI

Kyle Handley
Quote Reply
Re: Wisconsin Events [Kyle Handley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, once you cross that "Cheddar Curtain" you never know what is going to happen....

Never can tell in WI...spooky.

(Spoken like a true Illinois lifer)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Wisconsin Events [Record9ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It's Czechoslovakia. You zip in, you zip out. It's like getting into Wisconsin."

"Yeah, well I got my a$$ kicked in Wisconsin once, so forget it."

-Bill Murray and Harold Ramis in "Stripes"

One of the all-time greatest movie exchanges (especially if you're from Wisconsin)!

Dave in WI
-----------------------------------------------------
"What you once were isn't what you want to be anymore" - Wilco
Quote Reply