Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wireless headphones
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on the best Bluetooth headphones for the pool? Do the AfterShokz headphones work?
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless headphones [Celerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The normal Aftershokz aren't submersion rated (i.e., they'll die real fast if you swim with them) and generally Bluetooth is way too low power to go through water in a swimming situation. You need your music source hardwired to the headphones - Finis does make a bone conductive mp3 player + headphone combo (haven't used, but seems to get decent reviews) and it looks like there's now the Aftershokz Xtrainerz that are similar. The bone conductive technology works pretty well in air so I'd imagine it'd also be a good fit for swimming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could use the Aftershokz Extrainers. They aren’t Bluetooth. They have an internal memory. That model is made specifically for swimming. I have them and really like them. I’ve used other mp3 swim devices, all of which were crap for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Celerius wrote:
Any thoughts on the best Bluetooth headphones for the pool? Do the AfterShokz headphones work?

Finis has been doing this for about 15 years. This Finis Duo is still the best and most reliable option. Bluetooth headphones are not going to work underwater. Unless you are just talking aqua jogging.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bluetooth doesn’t go through water.

I have the Sony Walkmans. I like them - they have worked well for me and long swims. $68 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/...man+water&sr=8-3

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless headphones [stomponafrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stomponafrog wrote:
You could use the Aftershokz Extrainers. They aren’t Bluetooth. They have an internal memory. That model is made specifically for swimming. I have them and really like them. I’ve used other mp3 swim devices, all of which were crap for me.

Looking forward to trying these. The challenge with earbuds in the pool is that any water that leaks into the ear canal makes them impossible to hear. They can also be used on the bike/dreadmill (unlike the finis ones).

FWIW, I checked the BT range of my hrm underwater....less than two inches.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply