Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Wireless earbuds for running
Quote | Reply

Over the last few years, i tried 3 or 4 different pair of Bluetooth earbuds... but they don't survive more that few months of actually training. (sweat proofing issues, battery life, etc.).

All the models that i tried had a wire between the two buds, and i suspect don't like to be bounce around for extended period of times.

Any success stories?
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like my Aftershokz Trekz. I have the Air model. They're super light and I appreciate having my ears open to hear traffic.

President Team FeXY
http://www.teamfexy.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AirPods have worked great for me. Obviously they don't fit everyone's ears, but I've never had an issue with one popping out. I also sweat a decent amount in the South Florida humidity and, knock on wood, haven't had one fail. What I like about them (and I'm not familiar with the competition so maybe this is not an AirPods only feature).....but I only use one while running. Also it obviously integrates seamlessly with the Apple Watch so that I can stream Apple Music or take a call, without needing to carry the iPhone.
Last edited by: A527G: Jul 19, 19 8:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Jaybird X3. I had their previous model prior to that for a few years. They come with a wide range of tips and can be fit over or under the ear. Sound is pretty good and you can download an app to customize the sound of the Jaybird. I am a heavy sweater and these work pretty well for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of my running friends are using Apple AirPods, and none of them have had a single problem. I am the lone holdout with the Plantronics Backbeat Fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use these: https://www.amazon.com/...le?ie=UTF8&psc=1

JLab Audio JBuds Air True Wireless Signature Bluetooth Earbuds

I've had them for 5 months now and they've been great. Good enough sound, they always connect and have yet to lose a connection for me, and they don't look mega douchey like Apple "Earpods" or whatever they call them. Way cheaper too. They've never fallen out for me.

I bought the cheap warranty as well so when the sweat kills them, as it has with every headphone I've ever owned regardless of the waterproof rating, I can get a new pair lickety split.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife uses the AirPods and loves them. If they work for you, they are the best. The design isn’t great for me as I prefer a more traditional earbud. I am using a couple that I haven’t heard anyone mention yet. The first is Sol Republic Amps Air earbuds. They are small, good battery life, and no connectivity problems. I have used them for over a year without issues. The second is the Samsung Gear Icon X earbuds. I bought these specifically because they have a built in MP3 player and I don’t have to carry my phone on long runs. The battery life isn’t the best and the controls can be finicky but I love the MP3 feature. Some people have reported durability issues so I am hoping these last.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like to run au naturale.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [sggrant89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I just bought the titanium, not sure how much lighter the air are (.26 oz difference) ...but I wish I'd switched from the BackBeat Fits awhile ago. Amazing.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Jul 19, 19 8:47
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm waiting on my airpods to be delievered after destroying my second platronics set.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was searching for new running headphones recently and posted on the thread below. I ended up buying a cheap pair recommended by "damn lucky" and they've worked really well so far. I can't give a long term review, but I've been happy with them and they were only $20.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...arch_engine#p6678412
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get the sports edition or the base model for $49.99?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some soundpeats truefree, right now $33 on amazon and they're really good (I don't run but I use them on the trainer). My ears can't accommodate apple style ear buds. Quite happy with them and a good deal
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Did you get the sports edition or the base model for $49.99?

Base model. And with the amount of trainer sweat I’ve put out, they’re still going strong.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MPow cheetahs from Amazon. Around $20. Once they crap out you just post a one star review and they ship you a new pair no questions asked.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [sggrant89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sggrant89 wrote:
I really like my Aftershokz Trekz. I have the Air model. They're super light and I appreciate having my ears open to hear traffic.

+1 to the Trekz Air. I used to run with Apple Airpods, but they started to get unreliable after a while I think due to sweat. The Trekz are light, you can still hear ambient noise, and you can adjust the volume on the headset, unlike with Airpods. The only downside with the Trekz is the sound quality isn’t that great, but I don’t really care about that when running.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have these Mpow EM1 single ear piece after testing out several other brands.
Keeps my other ear open for traffic, cheap enough so it can be replaced, and clear enough for podcasts and background music.
(i have another pair at work also.)

Mpow EM1:
https://www.amazon.com/...2691433991&psc=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have tried a few, but airpods have worked best for me. almost 2 years in and flawless so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using a MPow Flame since May 15. So far so good, and at $17 no complaints.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had a similar experience. I think I warrantied 6 or 7 sets of Jaybirds X series. Almost all seemed to be from treadmill running or running in crazy sweaty conditions. Then one pair of Jaybird Freedoms died in my ears, but the 2nd pair lasted at least a year. One cheap set of Amazon ones lasted for some time. I would usually use the clips to bring the cords closer to my head, so I think it was easier for sweat to get into the control buttons or charging ports.

I have been running with Jabra Elite Active 65t's for a few months and am pretty happy. The fit (for me) is perfect. Customizable EQ. The case is pocket sized. The transparency mode works surprisingly well and I appreciate not being surprised when cars come up behind me running. I use that mode way more than I would have thought. The noise blocking is better than any other headphone I have ever had when you want to be disconnected from the rest of the world. I barely have to adjust the volume when mowing the lawn or use a saw since it blocks outside sound so well. I really appreciate no longer hearing the cord bouncing on my neck when listening to things. The connection isn't amazing, but as long as my phone is on me or near me in the same room, it's good. I just about drowned them doing 15 miles on the treadmill last week after a short outdoor run. We'll see how many times I can do that to keep testing the sweatproofness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jlab Epic Air Elite. I shopped around and tried many pairs and these are true wireless, comfortable, pretty solid sound and fit very firmly for running (and I had issues with other brands staying out while running)
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [andrejs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of you with Airpods, you don't think the sounds is too low? I have the first generation. I love the shape and connectivity is flawless but I have always thought they needed to be louder. The apple earbud/Ironman Yurbud shape is perfect for my ears - the other shapes/designs fall out.
Last edited by: Trigirl357: Jul 19, 19 18:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I have been running with the Bose Soundsports (with the wire) for a year now without any issues. I would prefer to not have the wire between the buds but having the long battery life is pretty nice and I'm more than happy with the sound volume and quality.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless earbuds for running [erbrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for a few years and the battery has just really started to crap out. They have to be charged right before I use them and only last an hour or two...I'm thinking of getting the new ones without wire between them. They charge in the case too, which is nice.

Blog: https://davidkoppeltriathlon.blogspot.com/
Coaching: https://dkendurance.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a recommendation for True Wireless earphones that don't cause overpowering occlusion effect? I have a pair of Soundpeats, but they are worthless for running because of the overpowering thump, thump, thump with every step.

The Airpods shouldn't have it, but I have concerns them falling out of my ears. The new Airpod Pros claim to prevent the occlusion effect, but I've read conflicting reports on their success. I'd rather not lay down $150-250 without knowing for sure that they would work.
Quote Reply

Prev Next