Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Winter cycling goggles recommended
Quote | Reply
On cold days I use my old oakley ski goggles and it really helps keep my face warmer and helps with visibility, used both on road bikes and mtn biking. Looking to upgrade and was wondering if anyone uses cycling goggles (perhaps low profile, anti fog, etc) that they can recommend.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Winter cycling goggles recommended [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're talking sub zero or near, those ski goggles are probably the best recommendation. But cycling around at 0 is hardly fun, just like cycling indoors imho. That's why I don't do it.
Last edited by: NealH: Dec 8, 20 14:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ski goggles are what I default to, but the issue is fogging up. I typically just wear sunglasses to single digits (Fahrenheit) after that I'll use goggles.

Issue is if it is that cold where I have to wear goggles I don't have enough other gear to keep me warm (boots, bar mitts, etc).
Quote Reply
Re: Winter cycling goggles recommended [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Ski goggles are what I default to, but the issue is fogging up. I typically just wear sunglasses to single digits (Fahrenheit) after that I'll use goggles.

Issue is if it is that cold where I have to wear goggles I don't have enough other gear to keep me warm (boots, bar mitts, etc).

This is my experience as well down to single digits on the Fahrenheit scale. I'm typically only fat biking at those temps and any stops or very slow movement make for a lot of fogging up of goggles. I haven't bothered with higher end snow goggles as I already have too much $$$ into this nonsense.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter cycling goggles recommended [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just use big ol safety glasses. In the winter if it is snowy or below 20 I am on a fat bike so speed is not that fast. And, I have a winter helment. I do have a 1 mile descent right at the start of my rider every day, and at if it is below zero it gets chilly, but then it flattens out, slows down, and I warm up. no frostbite so far.

Andy Tetmeyer (I work at HED)

Quote Reply
Re: Winter cycling goggles recommended [andy tetmeyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok thanks, just wondering if there was something out there that may be biking specific. I honestly also just use those for mtn and fat riding. i guess I'll just keep using my ski googles. thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
ok thanks, just wondering if there was something out there that may be biking specific. I honestly also just use those for mtn and fat riding. i guess I'll just keep using my ski googles. thanks

Or sales pitch! Convince a bike company to rebrand ski goggles for fat biking, make up some marketing fluff about how they are different and better for cycling and collect royalties for the idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was always fine with my normal Oakley radars, but with a skull cap that came down to my eye brows - for me it was my forehead that suffered most. Gave me coverage without any fogging issues. That was road biking down to -14 degrees Celsius.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps the flip up nordic ski goggles from Julbo would be an option.

Not a full seal like alpine goggles. But maybe less fogging at low speed or stops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my TERAISE clear riding goggles, really a life saver.
Quote Reply