Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Winter Training Advice
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

Looking for some input on my winter trainings, mainly the bike portion.
I'm currently at 73kg with 278 FTP.

Training days look like this:
  • 15k LSD run @ 5:15/km
  • 2 hr turbo intervals - incl [10min at 100% followed by 5min easy spin]x6
  • 13k LSD run @ 5:15/km
  • 1,5 hr swim
  • rest
  • 1 hr swim + 13k interval run - incl [2km(3'50)-walk 3'50]x3
  • 2 hr LSD ride @ 75%

Running paces are based on lactate tests.

I'm not sure this is the best way to improve my cycling/FTP and also, it's quite boring since I'm doing the bike intervals all year round... (while adding extra bike training for longer intervals)

Before taking this to my coach I'd like to get some 2nd opinions here so thx for sharing!

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Training Advice [Chelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s the winter—you should be working on weaknesses! I only know bike training but it’s not too hard to aim for increases.

I wouldn’t do 6x10’ at 100%. You should work on improving FTP with some over-threshold or VO2max intervals.

Try 5x3 at 120% with 3’ rest and add one interval a week up to 10x3. Or try 5x3 @ 110% with 1’ rest and add one interval a week up to 10x3.

Then go back and try your 6x10’ at a higher wattage than the prior 100% wattage. Your I’ll see if you got any stronger.

I’m not a coach, but I bike a lot. I think it’s hard to improve FTP without going beyond it in training regularly.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter Training Advice [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that in winter you just need to maintain the form of training, and pay more attention to health, you can do part of the trip at home on a stationary bike

bestadvisers.co.uk/knee-braces/ I try to use them
Quote Reply