Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Winter/offseason training plans
Quote | Reply
I am one of those people who needs structured training. Any recommendations on winter/offseason plans? I would like to focus on improving my bike next season.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter/offseason training plans [bellau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got to Zwift and checkout their structured training plans. They have many different structures available which can help you focus on your weaknesses. It helps to pass the time and hold you accountable. Then find some races to drop in on to push your top end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can’t go wrong with either Sufferfest, TrainerRoad or Swift. Try them all and see what grabs you. I personally like the video footage on Sufferfest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I think Trainerroad has the best plans, just a very boring interface so you either need music, netflix or a high boredom threshold to go with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad. If you have the time/inclination, do traditional base - the first 4 weeks are kind of mind numbing even at low volume but good investment into biking and low enough intensity that you can swim & run as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad for sure. They have tons of plans depending on what your goal is.
Quote Reply
Re: Winter/offseason training plans [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
You can’t go wrong with either Sufferfest, TrainerRoad or Swift. Try them all and see what grabs you. I personally like the video footage on Sufferfest.

Thanks for recommending us (David from The Sufferfest here)! As you look at the various training plans available to you (and you should check out all the platforms and see what we each offer), keep in mind that a plan is only as good as the Coach who designed it. That's why all of our plans (more than 100) are designed by Coach & Sports Scientist Neal Henderson of APEX Coaching. Neal's track record includes coaching his athletes to 47 World Championships (most recently Rohan Dennis in the UCI Time Trial), the men's and women's world hour record, leader's jerseys in the Grand Tours, coaching at several Olympics, more than 200 National Championships and more.

Also look for plans that are tailored to your specific goal, focus on improving any specific weakness that was identified in your fitness test, and which can have off-the bike work like yoga, mental toughness or strength training added in an integrated way. Our plans - available on Training Peaks or Final Surge (and, eventually, in our own app in 2019) - do all that. More than happy to answer any questions about our plans if anyone has some.

Lastly - you asked about training plans for winter. He's an article our coaches wrote (https://thesufferfest.com/...r-weakness-in-winter) on what kind of plan you should be doing in winter (and, no, it's not 'base' training...here's why that's not a good way to spend your time: Why Base Training Doesn't Make Sense for Time-Crunched Athletes):

David McQuillen
Founder & CEO of The Sufferfest
Last edited by: The Sufferfest: Oct 28, 18 16:49
Quote Reply