Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wilmington N.C. IM 70.3 (new) Bike course- any knowledgeable opinions?
Quote | Reply
There were several complaints posted about the bike course last year - rough roads, traffic, etc. Any one with an opinion on the newly posted course? I'm assuming that it will be a draft fest (with a total gain of 735 feet in 56 miles) but perhaps someone knows better. Any locals here? Information would be much appreciated.
Last edited by: trimule: Jul 20, 18 22:03
Quote Reply
Re: Wilmington N.C. IM 70.3 (new) Bike course- any knowledgeable opinions? [trimule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone? Bueller. Anyone? Bump for a little help here. Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: Wilmington N.C. IM 70.3 (new) Bike course- any knowledgeable opinions? [trimule] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can’t answer your question but I pray they have plenty of course marshall’s. I’m seriously going to be pissed if it’s train after train blowing by out there!
Quote Reply
Re: Wilmington N.C. IM 70.3 (new) Bike course- any knowledgeable opinions? [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best and fastest roads I’ve ever ridden in a race (I’m from Wisconsin). Wave start by AG actually broke things up pretty well and no huge draft packs. Worst part were the draw bridge grates... very unnerving.
Quote Reply
Re: Wilmington N.C. IM 70.3 (new) Bike course- any knowledgeable opinions? [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 on the drawbridges...I was fish tailing the whole time over the grates..maybe we can get lucky this year with some mats
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you seeing a new bike course? Looks like the same as last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Wilmington N.C. IM 70.3 (new) Bike course- any knowledgeable opinions? [eeweeks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eeweeks wrote:
Where are you seeing a new bike course? Looks like the same as last year.

It's changed... http://www.ironman.com/~/media/7f995a81726f43828a5f61985a01aca5/im%20703nc18%20coursemap%20bike%20cc%20web%201.pdf

They have made a couple of re-routes to mitigate traffic impacts as you go across the city. Basically you'll be using some on and off ramps to go the "wrong way" in spots, obviously in coned off lanes. Still flat, still 3 sketchy drawbridge crossings, and still drafty (the last is your reduction in quality since Mdot took over in '16).
Quote Reply