Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO?
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about selling a set and getting FLO (based on the wind tunnel data) but they can't be laced into powertaps currently, so I guess I'll wait.

I'm wondering if any of you are considering ditching your ZIPP, HED, ENVE etc wheels and getting a bunch of FLO wheels instead of just having say one set?
Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Id love to have a set of wheels from FLO considering the price point. Unfortunately not being able to be laced with a PT makes them a non-starter in my situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The market audience for flo isnt for those looking for a huge upgrade but rather those looking for a well priced aero wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I probably will be.

I have a HED Jet Disc currently, but might just opt to replace with the FLO Disc and then grab a 90 for the front as well.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
probably...

but not before a year or two worth of reviews; def not going to be an early adopter of a new wheel... hell no!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell no.
Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this seems to be logical to me.

in my mind, if i've got a pair of zipp 404 fc's, if i can sell them on ebay for 1500, I could then go and buy most of the combinations I could want from FLO. seems like a no brainer.

but i guess that is just assuming the quality is identical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd ditch flashy for fast.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a heartbeat. That 'other' company was never going to see any of my dollars again after 1995, but HED has treated me awesome and I do like their line up. Don't have aero hoops and have been waiting for a company like FLO. Probably wait a few months to hear some live field reports, but I will be in at some point with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why?

Not questioning your motives. Just interested in what your particular reasons for not considering. I can't remember if you're on Zipps currently.

Obviously if people have Zipp FCs or even just bought HEDs in some combination, I dont see opting for FLO making much sense.

Part of me wants to just to support them, to be honest.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm very interested in picking up a deep rear wheel to complete my aero quiver. 60 and 90 fronts, [90 rear] and a disc cover = all conditions covered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you can purchase Flo now?
Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerpaws wrote:
In a heartbeat. That 'other' company was never going to see any of my dollars again after 1995, but HED has treated me awesome and I do like their line up. Don't have aero hoops and have been waiting for a company like FLO. Probably wait a few months to hear some live field reports, but I will be in at some point with them.

+1

It's much more fun to play triathlete than be a triathlete....

Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [camaleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
camaleon wrote:
probably...

but not before a year or two worth of reviews; def not going to be an early adopter of a new wheel... hell no!

I plan to purchase a front wheel. For just over $300 bucks, not a real big monetary risk IMO. I will keep my 808 rear wheel with PT and cover.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm running an 808 FC front and Powertap Clincher Zipp disc. So will I switch, not a chance unless they are actually faster. I will however think about buying them for a training bike or a road bike. Their price point may still be a little high for me when you can get sram for maybe a 200 more or so once their pre-order prices are done. I'm definitely debating it but its not going to be for my tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [rye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks don't matter to me, but using power during races really seems to help and I've currently got a powertap so I'll be waiting!

_______

Veteran cyclist trying to learn to the tri game!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not use the money you save and buy a crank based power meter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is flashy? like Flashpoint 60's?
Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
So you can purchase Flo now?

sign up on their web site, and you can pre-order next week at discounted prices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take flashy and expensive over non-existent.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [nplattii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you saying they don't have a power tap option or a power tap hub can't not be later laced up to a flo wheel?

I was thinking about moving my PT hub over to a flo....
Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only reason is that as of 5pm last night I have a sweet set of 808 FC wheels in my basement :)

If it weren't for those wheels - I probably would ditch the wheels I had been riding for flo wheels - if the wife allowed it.
Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [running2far] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a pt hub cannot be laced into a flo wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Will you ditch flashy and buy FLO? [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In fact, I have been considering selling the set of wheels on my wife's bike to buy a set of Flo Wheels, probably be faster + it would put her on clinchers.

Win/Win/Win

Anybody want to buy a set of PX 50s?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NO because my current wheelset is 1280g for clinchers.

BUT

I will let the dust settle and see how the wheels pan out with others taking the plunge. If they seems to be alright and people are happy then I will pick up a pair for the tri bike and move the light wheels over to my SLC full time.
Quote Reply

Prev Next