Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will somebody explain the "underwear run"..
Quote | Reply
...as I have not ever been to Hawaii, I'm somewhat bewildered by the purpose of the underwear run. It sounds like the most ridiculous event this side of a bellyflop contest.

Reading the rules it did (maybe still does) exclude boxer shorts (great idea), excludes long johns (who needs them in Hawaii but us Canuks do in winter) and what they call "stylish Euro briefs"(which excludes me since that's what my wife buys me).

I'm under the impression that this race was some sort of a protest by conservative locals who had a problem with Euro tri-geeks going grocery shopping in just their speedos. Hello, it is IM weekend isn't it. Guess they'e never been to southern Florida or any of the Caribbean islands, let alone the French or Italian Med.

So now we have a bunch of people running around in middle America white BBD Jockey type underwear and calling it a "race". I'd likely have down a six pack and probably a bit more before considering entering this thing. I will never qualify for Kona, but could I qualify for this? That might be worth the price of a flight to Hawaii(not).

Am I missing something here. Please help me out.
Quote Reply
Re: Will somebody explain the "underwear run".. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No you aren't missing anything, pretty much hit the nail on the "head".

Aloha,

Larry
Quote Reply