Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will a visor slow me down?
Quote | Reply
I know you all think I'm over thinking this but I got a lot at stake in the Rock and Roll half marathon tomorrow... Buddy at work is aiming for 1:32 and I'm aiming for 1:30 but my hips have been bothering a few weeks ago so I don't really know if I'm at peak.. Lots of people at work are making this into a big deal so I need to beat him !!

Will a visor cost me some time? If the wind blows I think it might get me some resistance? I'm wearing compression shorts and a tight fitted running singlet tmr, gotta make sure Im super aero lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Will a visor slow me down? [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And don't forget the extra weight!

I'd skip it unless it really bothers you to have the sun in your eyes.... Nothing new on race day, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the visor is going to stop you getting sun burnt, with the associated risk of increasing your chance of skin cancer in the future, I would wear the visor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear a visor to keep the sweat out of my eyes and from dripping on my sunglasses. I spend more time wiping my forehead when I'm not wearing it than I could possibly lose to some random wind gust.

ETA: My visor from this morning's race is soaked thru. I can't imagine how much it would have sucked to have all of that running into my eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenSw: Jun 1, 13 21:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You forgot to use a pink font.

Quote | Reply
I've heard an aero helmet will shave at least 40 seconds off a half mary.
Quote Reply
Re: Will a visor slow me down? [endofempire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endofempire wrote:
I've heard an aero helmet will shave at least 40 seconds off a half mary.

Just wear the visor backwards or better yet get a driving hat on backwards.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Will a visor slow me down? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Visor for no sweat in the eyes is great. But gimme a break, what do you think a visor can slow you down, do you tape your ears back to reduce drag ?
Go out and do how you feel.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it is warm, I always wear a hat. Having a shaded face will keep your mind thinking it is cooler...making you feel more comfortable.
Again, only if you've tried it training.
Quote Reply
Re: Will a visor slow me down? [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoki wrote:
Visor for no sweat in the eyes is great. But gimme a break, what do you think a visor can slow you down, do you tape your ears back to reduce drag ?
Go out and do how you feel.

Just go all in. Show up in one of these:

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Will a visor slow me down? [endofempire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely.
Screw the visor. Go with the aero helmet, just be sure to wear it backwards.

The Ride of Truth - OWN your ride.
Quote Reply