Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will Torpedo Versa Mount fit on aerobars that arent round?
Quote | Reply
I use the pro missile evo bars... They are more oval than round.. Will the torpedo versa mount kit work correctly?
Quote Reply
Re: Will Torpedo Versa Mount fit on aerobars that arent round? [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like it should work. But maybe someone with similar bars will chime in. The attachment is just a rounded plastic piece that sits on top of the bars and a Velcro strap. So it could probably work on square and triangle bars, if those existed.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Torpedo Versa Mount fit on aerobars that arent round? [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It fits, but not as tight as it would on round bars. I got it to work using some scrap bar tape on the sides of the extensions to fill in the gap and that allowed me to better stabilize the Versa mount.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Torpedo Versa Mount fit on aerobars that arent round? [A.Hart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darn.. My current setup works fine with the old Torpedo 400... But I like the new computer mount.. I wonder if I could drill someholes in the current mount to attach the computer mount.

I had leaky bottle issues with the 400 version, wonder if the 500 fixed with the new air hole.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using the new bottle with one of Glen's mounts. http://alden-designs.com/index.html

No leaks and it doesn't bounce around on the oval extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: Will Torpedo Versa Mount fit on aerobars that arent round? [A.Hart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A.Hart wrote:
I'm using the new bottle with one of Glen's mounts. http://alden-designs.com/index.html

No leaks and it doesn't bounce around on the oval extensions.

What a disaster.. I ordered the Zipp BTA mount, and it does not fit with the pro missile evo bars because of the oval shape..

Okay, I'm going to get Glen's mount... I assume you have the pro missile evo with the narrow extension setup? Which version of Glen's did you get? Standard size?

I would measure mine but its at home and I'd like to order right now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered the standard width in the shape that he cuts for the Shiv. My pad to tip of extension measurement is rather small so I needed the Shiv cut to get the bottle far enough back.
Quote Reply