Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wildflower Logistics Question?
Quote | Reply
I've been told that camp sights fill up by Wednesday (or at least the better campsites will be filled by Wednesday).

I arrive in San Jose Airport on Tuesday at 1:00 pm. Would it be best to head straight to Lake San Antonio and get my camp sight (before it gets dark - of course)? Arriving at about 3:00 ish.

Or, would I have enough time to get my camping food, drinks, CO2 cartridges, etc while in San Jose BEFORE I left for Lake San Antonio (should take about 1 1/2 hrs.? If I got my stuff before I left for Lake San Antonio, I would be leaving at 2:30 pm to 3:00 pm. Arriving Lake San Antonio about 5:00 ish.

Also, how much of a difference in finding a good camp site be between Tuesday at about 3:30 pm and early Wednesday Morning (Arriving at Lake San Antonio at about 8:30 am)? I am also considering an overnight stay in San Jose for Tuesday night.

Of the three choices, leave straight for Lake San Antonio arriving at 3:00 pm on Tuesday, arriving at 5:30 pm on Tuesday or arriving at 8:30 AM on Wednesday, which would be considered the best choice.

I hate to say it, but this camping thing is kind of a nuisance... eeegads, I'm sounding like my parents. And, this is coming from an former big-wall climber - now that's a real logistics and gear problem.

AnyWho, any help would be appreciated regarding camp ground reservations. Final question, CO2 cartridges will be available at Wildflower... just how predictable will be the supply?

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower Logistics Question? [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe-

Just to be on the safe side , order some CO2s from one of the dealer going to be there , and tell them you will pick up at race.

TRI-ZONE-888-874-1060
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe dpending on what you are looking for, these guys are 10 minutes from the airport

http://www.melcottons.com/

I would head down on Tuesday myself

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you're just pitching a tent, no rush to get there on Tuesday, Wednesday morning will be plenty of time. If you have an RV and want to get one of the full hook up pads, Wednesday morning might be alright, Tuesday night would be better. I got there Wednesday night last year and the full hook ups were gone by 11am that day I was told. But other than the RV's, the campground was quiet and near empty on Wednesday.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply