Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wild Wings Du Volunteers ROCK!!!!
Quote | Reply
I forgot to thank (on this forum) the wonderful volunteers who helped me during the race. You girls and guys were tremendous. I wish I could personally thank each of you in my own way.

These people were freezing their butts off making sure guys and girls in my position were not going to freeze to death. They were selfless and very attentive. I hope that you guys are reading this.

Thanks,

Douglas Rogers, #277-DNF
Quote Reply
Re: Wild Wings Du Volunteers ROCK!!!! [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely! You beat me to it, Bunnyman! While it was totally frigid while on the bike, at least we were moving around and getting the blood flowing! Those poor (yet awesome!) volunteers on the course had to stand in the same spot for three hours or so in rainy 40 degree (Fahrenheit) weather! Kudos to the RD for missing most of the awards while helping to tear down after the race, too!

On a side note, Bunny, I don't know if I even saw you. Were you not riding Samantha?
Quote Reply
Re: Wild Wings Du Volunteers ROCK!!!! [Koz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Samantha was there. She was yellow with flames and the Renn disc with a large "Team S.O.B." sticker on it. I thought you would have seen the Lew Palmero with the English flag on the counterweight and the Renn stickers on it (as my bike team is sponsored by Renn). She was pretty visible in the transition area.

I even went to the awards ceremony, mainly to drink cheap beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Wild Wings Du Volunteers ROCK!!!! [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There must've been too much rain in my eyes! I don't know how I would've missed that bike!

edit: BTW, sorry to hear about the DNF! Due to this race, I've now learned that a daily high temp of 43 still leaves a whole lot of room for a very cold daily low temp! It felt like I was running on stumps when I got off the bike. As one person put it, at least it wasn't a tri!
Last edited by: Koz: Apr 7, 03 7:20
Quote Reply