Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Wiggins vs. Schleck
Quote | Reply
What say you all to this..valid comparison or no?

Is Wiggins' position the deciding factor?

https://twitter.com/...s/176423304838660096
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [rufio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schleck has never been known for his TT abilities. Wiggins wins on a head to head TT battle 9 out of 10 times.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [53x12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>Wiggins wins on a head to head TT battle 9 out of 10 times.[/quote]

Against Schleck? 10 out of 10 times.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 4, 12 20:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think it is strictly a valid comparison since it appears that Schleck has longer upper arms than Wiggo....so he is likely gonna have a larger gap than Wiggo.

That said, I was shocked by their still poor positions. Both Schlecks should be embarrassed by their results today. Sure, July is still 4 months away, but it was only a <6 mi TT. Not finishing in the top 100 is ridiculous. Lot of time left, but a lot of work still needs to be done.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
H3 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wiggs is faster because his bike looks cooler with his H3...or wait, this wheel might actually work?
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
>Wiggins wins on a head to head TT battle 9 out of 10 times.

Against Schleck? 10 out of 10 times.[/quote]
I was leaving room for mechanical failures and bonking. Ok, I'll meet you half way and say 9.5 out of 10 times.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [53x12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
53x12 wrote:
trail wrote:
>Wiggins wins on a head to head TT battle 9 out of 10 times.

Against Schleck? 10 out of 10 times.

I was leaving room for mechanical failures and bonking. Ok, I'll meet you half way and say 9.5 out of 10 times.[/quote]
With his TT issues, Im not even sure RSNT is going to base their tour hopes around him this year. He may be getting WORSE at TT. Unless he's dropped more weight to climb faster, It wouldnt be surprising to me if they try to put their hopes on Horner.

-------------------------------------
You don't have to like what I say but you should respect my right to say them and I'll do the same to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah Andy may have the longest humerus(es) on the planet for someone his height...just wasn't genetically engineered to be a TTer. Blame his parents
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imagine what Wiggo could do with an aero-er bike and a better helmet /pink
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I've read it seems to be more down to poor natural flexibility and lack of interest/motivation to work on that.
Can't afford to lose 10% of the winners time on each of the TdF TTs for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Put them on a climb and then compare positions... you might have a tough time getting a clean shot of Wiggins with all the other riders in the gruppetto around him. Lets not forget, Andy won the tour... and came in 2nd, which seems to be a better mix of skills than Wiggo thus far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was the weather not a big factor though?
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dongustav wrote:
Put them on a climb and then compare positions... you might have a tough time getting a clean shot of Wiggins with all the other riders in the gruppetto around him. Lets not forget, Andy won the tour... and came in 2nd, which seems to be a better mix of skills than Wiggo thus far.

But, Wiggs was never given a fair outside chance until HE LOST THE WEIGHT that it takes to climb with the big boys. Last year, and it's safe to say, that wiggs power to weight ratio was in check before the c-bone splitting crash.

I think I will yell for Cadel, go big with the Wigg, and watch every corner because hear comes Horner...but hold on, is horner any better at TT's then A.S? Levi looks great and Brajkovic looks strong. can't wait for July!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [carlosferreiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's nothing cooler than a ambivalent Tour winner

carlosferreiro wrote:
From what I've read it seems to be more down to poor natural flexibility and lack of interest/motivation to work on that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the 2012 TdF route could be very good for Wigo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In an interview, Schleck says this wasn't a good determinant of his TT prowess because it's too early in the season. WTF Schleck, le Tour has a shit-load of TT miles, what have you been doing all winter - he should be demonstrating to his team that he is the legitimate winner. I would not be surprised if JB goes into le Tour without a designated leader and waits to see how everyone is doing mid-way before he assigns Kloden, Horner etc.

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
yeah Andy may have the longest humerus(es) on the planet for someone his height...just wasn't genetically engineered to be a TTer. Blame his parents

just drop the bars more, or superman it a bit. there are solutions, he just isn't trying. imho

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Cancellara could also be a candidate for The GC; I know that might sound stupid but he has occasionally shown some climbing ability and we know he can crush the time trials. If he lost some weight I think with all the time trials and the climbing support of those two lanky brothers he could be a real threat.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [carlosferreiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carlosferreiro wrote:

I'll ask him when I'm in Paris...thats right, headed to the Champs on the final day of the tour!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Came from Julich in a ProCycling interview I think - he sounded disapointed that he'd not been able to get enough TT work through Andy in the lead up to the 2010 season.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not disagreeing in general, but quite tight limits for extension length when you are tall and under UCI regs :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
carlosferreiro wrote:

I'll ask him when I'm in Paris...thats right, headed to the Champs on the final day of the tour!

Be sure to ask Andy how it felt having a minimal race schedule, focusing on one event, and working it as a domestique................

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IF he doesn't break anything...He seems to be, how would you say, Fragile (Fraaagilly), it's Italian.

Who Dares...Wins!
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [+4W/Kg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+4W/Kg wrote:
IF he doesn't break anything...He seems to be, how would you say, Fragile (Fraaagilly), it's Italian.

Also, I'm not completely convinced that this won't still be a climbers tour. I count at least two stages where you can easily lose 8+ mins if you have a bad day.
Quote Reply
Re: Wiggins vs. Schleck [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
btmoney wrote:

just drop the bars more, or superman it a bit. there are solutions, he just isn't trying. imho
right? I mean the guy has a whole department at trek at his disposal as a team leader and potential tour winner...how hard to get down a couple more inches with some clever one off pieces? Perhaps he sees a lot of falloff on his already modest for a tter power when he tightens that hip angle more. What with UCI regs keeping him from being able to rotate much more around the bb?
Quote Reply

Prev Next