Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wickwerks 53/34
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tested out the Wickwerks 53/34 chainrings? Searched and saw some people interested but curious if anyone was actually using them. I need to replace the front rings anyway soon so thought would look into it. Open to other suggestions as well to migrate up from 50/34 Ultegra. Definitely dont want to lose the 34 based on where I live and my ability. Thanks

Banger
Quote Reply
Re: Wickwerks 53/34 [banger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless you live in actual mountains a 52/36 might be a better compromise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't speak to those rings in particular, but I used one of their rings on my cross bike (1x) and it preformed flawlessly. I never had issues dropping the chain and I was not running a clutch.
Quote Reply
Re: Wickwerks 53/34 [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have seen some folks go 52/34 altho isnt "approved" by Shimano :-) If you call the Green mountains actual mountains then yes, and spend time in the Adirondacks, Whites and Appalachians - and my age the 34 becomes a very nice to have!.

Banger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've use a 52/34 from a different manufacturer but there are some issues:

If you are using a cassette that is near the capacity of your current rear derailleur you'll lose the ability to use the last 3 or 4 cogs while in the 34 unless you are using a mid or long cage derailleur because the chain will be too long. Even with a long cage you might lose the last 2 but that's normally not a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I replaced my stock 50-34, with their 52-36. Works flawless, and shifts better than the original FSA rings. Looks good too.

Athlinks / Strava
Last edited by: Dean T: Aug 6, 20 12:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just went with their 44/34 rings for my gravel bike. And yes, I'm a spinner with steep climbs where I live.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply