Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wich TT/Tri saddle for women with big hamstrings ?
Quote | Reply
I have a hard time finding a comfy saddle for my daughter.
For her road bike seems like the Specialized Power with Mimic 156 mm is the right choice.
But for her TT bike, I still have to find the right saddle. The ISM Road was ok but she finds her hamstrings are always scraping the front sides of the saddle. She even developed some pain in that area.
I Tried a Cobb 170 for a narrower front but that was horrible, she hated it. She also didn't like the Fizik Ares. Prologo Dimension ok but not quite yet...

Any ideas for a short saddle with a narrower front than ISM or Cobb 55 ?

Louis :-)
Last edited by: louisn: Dec 9, 18 11:55
Quote Reply
Re: Wich TT/Tri saddle for women with big hamstrings ? [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dash stage 9 narrow

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a little perplexed- do you mean thigh adductors? I cannot imagine how hamstrings would be anywhere near the front/ nose of a saddle.

If you are looking for tt/tri saddle with a narrower front, you could try the lesser padded ISM saddles and tie the rails to the desired width with zip ties. Or you could try something like the Specialized Sitero or similar where the front of the saddle sides are more angled, so it is possible to chose a comfortable width by sliding fore/aft.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Wich TT/Tri saddle for women with big hamstrings ? [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was going to ask the same thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had some luck with the Fabric Tri. Pretty affordable to try as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Wich TT/Tri saddle for women with big hamstrings ? [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrTriKat wrote:
I am a little perplexed- do you mean thigh adductors? I cannot imagine how hamstrings would be anywhere near the front/ nose of a saddle.

If you are looking for tt/tri saddle with a narrower front, you could try the lesser padded ISM saddles and tie the rails to the desired width with zip ties. Or you could try something like the Specialized Sitero or similar where the front of the saddle sides are more angled, so it is possible to chose a comfortable width by sliding fore/aft.

Yeah, sorry for my lousy explanation. What I meant is big hamstrings usually mean a ''large morphology'' near the glutes.
But you're right, The pain she has is from the adductors. Yes, our bike fitter told us to tie the front of the ISM and try to narrow it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
louisn wrote:
I have a hard time finding a comfy saddle for my daughter.
For her road bike seems like the Specialized Power with Mimic 156 mm is the right choice.
But for her TT bike, I still have to find the right saddle. The ISM Road was ok but she finds her hamstrings are always scraping the front sides of the saddle. She even developed some pain in that area.
I Tried a Cobb 170 for a narrower front but that was horrible, she hated it. She also didn't like the Fizik Ares. Prologo Dimension ok but not quite yet...

Any ideas for a short saddle with a narrower front than ISM or Cobb 55 ?

If the ISM Road worked then you’re almost obligated to have her try the ISM 3.0 which has become the goto saddle for many leading fitters. The Cobb JOF55 is also worth trying. The Dash narrow recommendation from LAI is also a great saddle and probably sits between the ISM 3.0 and JOF55 with cutout area if that is an issue.
Last edited by: SummitAK: Dec 10, 18 16:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be looking at Dash too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many people need to narrow that area. All it takes is some pressure and a big zip tie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any decent bike fitter will tell you that men and women rotate their bodies differently on the saddles. Hitting the thighs/abductors is a common problem with women. So is too much pressure on the wrong parts... cuts off blood flow and causes a number of issues.

You may want to check this out ... Specialized conducted scientific research on ladies and their parts to come up with what they call the best saddle for women... Specialized Power Mimic. I am a fan of the Ism Road family but I am very curious and may give this a go.... https://www.bicycling.com/...utm_source=facebook#[/url]
Last edited by: Trigirl357: Dec 9, 18 19:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
V-o2 saddles the tri version 2.1 - soft version

web site my be funky - but saddles to work!

Retul Certified Fitter. gebioMized Pressure Mapping http://www.PedPowerPerformLab.com.
Retailer of Wahoo Fitness, Sable Water Optics, Enve Composit, Giro and more.
Zone3 USA Ambassador - use code DEAN25 for 25% off
http://www.OasisOne-Twelve.com - The ultimate hands free hydration system.
https://www.athlinks.com/athletes/19354499 - results.
Last edited by: hideano: Dec 10, 18 16:51
Quote Reply
Re: Wich TT/Tri saddle for women with big hamstrings ? [hideano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She'll definitely try her Specialized Power with Mimic saddle on her TT bike when the ''discomfort'' disappears.
As much as I like them (the Dash saddles), I have a hard time imagining a women's pelvic area on a Dash saddle :-O.
And at their prices, I'll never take the chance if they fit.
Fabric and Vo2 saddles are on our short list also.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dash has somewhat of a money back program.

https://www.dashcycles.com/test-program

You get to trial the saddle and if it doesn't work you send it back. You do get charged the full amount $229 when you order and if you do return there is a $50 rental fee that is withheld.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Wich TT/Tri saddle for women with big hamstrings ? [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, good to know, thanks.
I'll email them to see if it applies to costumers in Canada.

Quote Reply