Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by giddy-up-n-go
Re: Why can't the boys just give up if they are getting chicked? [giddy-up-n-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Note to all ST men.

If these 2 ladies passed you I guarrantee you would speed up to ride with them.

Has nothing to do with being chicked...trust me:-) (i know them both)

http://www.pbmcoaching.com
USA Triathlon Level 3 Elite Coach
USA Cycling Level 1 Elite Coach

Quote Reply
Re: Why can't the boys just give up if they are getting chicked? [giddy-up-n-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would do the same thing, I love to ride with women :-D

BTW, 25mph for 220w, you girls have an awesome road position ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ummmm, maybe because the view behind two women is better than nothing ; )

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it my or did you spell your name wrong in your sig?
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't the boys just give up if they are getting chicked? [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
should have prefaced that trukweaz is my coach he is being WAAAYYY to kind.....

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never been chicked... seems like every woman I see on a bike is going the other way. Am I riding my routes backwards?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't been chicked in a while, I'd try to hang with you too!!

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't the boys just give up if they are getting chicked? [teamsln] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep...that's because MM and I also drink lots of red wine (just don't tell Kurt)....LOL! but its fixed now!

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll notice that he didn't try to outride you, but just stick behind as long as possible. It has nothing to do with pride, I'm sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't the boys just give up if they are getting chicked? [runningfoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if he asked if he could ride with us we would have said yes....we are nice girls!

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So... what was the gossip about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So why o why when two pony tails go by the boys can they not just accept defeat?
This is the only problem I have with the scenario...it's not a race, there is no "defeat", unless you ascribe to the idea that you must be faster than anyone you pass while training. As has been covered in other threads, it definitely was bad form to speed up and sit in without checking with you guys. Probably good that since he jumped on without asking, you two spooled it up till he could not hang. That probably was a blow to the ego.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Why can't the boys just give up if they are getting chicked? [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Thank you, Support Crew, that cracked me up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kat,

My spouse and I have talked about this for a long time.... We decided that it's even funner to get girled by someone wearing a skirt! And have also learned that for the most part the klingons crack in pretty short order. Some people would rather lose an arm than get passed...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart!?!
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't the boys just give up if they are getting chicked? [Mr_Pink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you ever think that maybe the scenery is nicer following you in the draft than all alone? I would do that in a heartbeat, but you better be closer to 30 mph before you would lose me. I suck wheels pretty good, and have no pride at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few years ago when I thought I had the roadie thing figured out I learned pretty quick how fast girls can be. Small crowd that night but everyone was working well together and we were moving along pretty good, taking our 90 second pulls and moving back. All of the sudden the pace jumps up to 29-30. I'm a little short bastard and can't see who's lifted the pace, but it stays like that for a while and nobody has dropped back. I'm slobbering like hell and just trying to stay on when the pace slows back to 24-25 and this girl comes sliding down the line grinning like a cheshire cat on a cross bike with knobbies. She did this a few times that day. She is fast.

A lot of people are going to hop on any wheel that comes by them, male or female. It's just instinct. It would be nice if they said something first and I've unwittingly blown my share of snot rockets on them so I guess I'm pretty even.

---------------------------------------------------

Brawndo's got what plants crave. Brawndo's got electrolytes. And that's what plants crave. They crave electrolytes. Which is what Brawndo has. And that's why plants crave Brawndo. Not water, like from the toilet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three reasons:

1. "He looked like a bigger loser by getting dropped then just letting us go by!"

Because you automatically had no respect for him merely because he was being passed by a couple of girls. And he knew it too. (All guys do, deny it though we may, ruin the planned workout regardless.)

2. You just don't understand the burden testosterone can be sometimes.

3. As others have mentioned, better view. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm fairly conscious of not reacting differently based on the sex of someone passing me. I ride against myself and for myself because that's how triathlons are and if you let getting "chicked" bust your nuts, you're going to blow up later in the race.

But at the Big Kahuna, there was a girl who was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to stay behind. She'd pass me at about 23mph and then immediately slow down to 21-22mph. Every. Single. Frickin'. Time. I was riding to my HR zones with almost maniacal precision and was not reacting differently based on who passed me. But goodness. If you're going to pass someone, don't do it and then slow down.

So I'm sure she thought I was some a-hole jock who couldn't stand getting "chicked" even though I had tuned everything out except my legs and my heart rate monitor.

(Sidenote: Following my heart rate zones strictly gave me the best race I've ever had. I'm a believer!)

--
"Rock and roll, dude." -- Dave Z., on winning TTs in all 3 Grand Tours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll let anyone that catches me go unless they slow down for a chat. If it's a chick I'll enjoy the view as they go by.

If I've been dropped in a road race or crit, however, I'll wheelsuck anybody that comes past.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turn this into a positive. Get him and the shop boy you dropped last year to ride together. They can recruit every other man not as strong as you to ride with them. They can do a group ride, you can blow by them all and show them your power.
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't the boys just give up if they are getting chicked? [Kaiser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't realize we passed you, I guess that's why you researched my posts all the way to LAST summer ;)

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
Last edited by: giddy-up-n-go: Sep 13, 07 4:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't get that mentality either.. if it's an easy ride planned my grandma could pass me and I could care less!

Some people have fragile egos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which is more ridiculous, him killing himself to keep up, or the two of you killing yourselves to drop him?
Quote Reply

Prev Next