Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women?
Quote | Reply
The swim federation limited "fast" swim material. It also seems to have limited how much material can cover a guy vs. a gal.

Would a guy be faster if they allowed him to be covered as much as the gals? Any estimates on how much faster that guy would be?

Am I missing a reason why they didn't let guys go with a torso covering suit or can a guy have one?

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just look at the WR for the 200 and 400 free, and what Biederman was able to do in subsequent years (2010 onwards) after the ban went into effect.

they don't allow more coverage because they don't. why does there need to be a reason? the rules are what they are, and they're clear.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
The swim federation limited "fast" swim material. It also seems to have limited how much material can cover a guy vs. a gal.

Would a guy be faster if they allowed him to be covered as much as the gals? Any estimates on how much faster that guy would be?

Am I missing a reason why they didn't let guys go with a torso covering suit or can a guy have one?
It is not socially acceptable to have women swimming around topless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:

I have this same question and I don't see why men can't use full torso suits in racing. I had an interesting data point. Last year at Canadian Masters Nationals, I beat one of my female teammates in almost all free events who is always faster than me in training. I shaved down for this event, and I closed my 45 second gap on her in the club 1500m races and just beat her (3 seconds per 100m). She obviously has her full suit in practice and racing, But a suit is still faster than shaved skin, so I tend to agree that us guys should be allowed to cover our torsos for FINA sanctioned swim racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [MBaier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MBaier wrote:
It is not socially acceptable to have women swimming around topless.

I don't have an issue with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have any idea how hard it is to put on a women's tech suit? no thanks, jammers are hard enough.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
You have any idea how hard it is to put on a women's tech suit? no thanks, jammers are hard enough.
Speaking from experience?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

So, you've given it a go, eh?

ETA: Dammit! Alvin out touched me.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Jan 15, 20 11:08
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

haha, no... just talking with the womens on my team. Jammers I can at least get on by myself, I don't need a helper in the change room to squeeze into it..

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Alvin must've been wearing a women's suit....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
....I don't need a helper in the change room to squeeze into it..

....ahem....
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
....I don't need a helper in the change room to squeeze into it..

....ahem....

"need" is the key word. You're welcome to help me out if you want.... ;-)

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well played, sir.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVqPZn32vgE

At least the guys in Super League don't have to wear the ridiculous "open back, but with sleeves" suit the women get.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

haha, no... just talking with the womens on my team. Jammers I can at least get on by myself, I don't need a helper in the change room to squeeze into it..

We must be old and twisted. In high school at least all parties were trying to figure out how to get naked with the opposite sex not squeeze into their clothing.

Next thing you know grown men will be crying when their high heeled shoes for marathons get banned by IAAF. At least the womens have a reason to complain
Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair to Jason, he did say that I was "welcome to help..." granted, I'm not a member of the opposite sex....not that there's anything wrong with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
To be fair to Jason, he did say that I was "welcome to help..." granted, I'm not a member of the opposite sex....not that there's anything wrong with that.

you still haven't declined the invitation either... <wink>

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

We must be old and twisted. In high school at least all parties were trying to figure out how to get naked with the opposite sex not squeeze into their clothing.

Next thing you know grown men will be crying when their high heeled shoes for marathons get banned by IAAF. At least the womens have a reason to complain

I'm married, I figured that out a long time ago. On to new challenges!!

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:

you still haven't declined the invitation either... <wink>

This is true... Nudge, nudge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yiu
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Alvin must've been wearing a women's suit....

😂

Thank you, interrnet will be closed for the remainder of the day
Last edited by: MrTri123: Jan 15, 20 12:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have a woman that identifies as a man would they have to wear the men's tech suit in competition?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

You've been hijacking my threads. One you've turned into a pie discussion and look where you've taken this.

The fact is that MEN were going full torso when the rules allowed. They changed the Rules to disallow it. So at one time the rules were the rules that allowed it.

My conspiracy theory is that they want women to feel better about their swim times in relationship to men at the expense of men. Bahahahaha

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
IT wrote:

I have this same question and I don't see why men can't use full torso suits in racing. I had an interesting data point. Last year at Canadian Masters Nationals, I beat one of my female teammates in almost all free events who is always faster than me in training. I shaved down for this event, and I closed my 45 second gap on her in the club 1500m races and just beat her (3 seconds per 100m). She obviously has her full suit in practice and racing, But a suit is still faster than shaved skin, so I tend to agree that us guys should be allowed to cover our torsos for FINA sanctioned swim racing.

At one time the rules allowed it. There was a decision to reverse themselves and take this away from guys. Not very equal.

Quote Reply
Re: Why can't men have the same fast swimsuits as the women? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
If you have a woman that identifies as a man would they have to wear the men's tech suit in competition?

Whoa. Good reason to go full torso across the board.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

You've been hijacking my threads. One you've turned into a pie discussion and look where you've taken this.

The fact is that MEN were going full torso when the rules allowed. They changed the Rules to disallow it. So at one time the rules were the rules that allowed it.

My conspiracy theory is that they want women to feel better about their swim times in relationship to men at the expense of men. Bahahahaha

I didn’t hijack anything, although I will admit to aiding and abetting said hijackings.

And who doesn’t love pie? Way better than cake, if you ask me.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply

Prev Next