Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why are there no reviews on the Oakley ARO7?? (How does it compare to the Aerohead?)
Quote | Reply
Hey ST brains trust.
Am keen on an ARO7, partly as I find the Aerohead a bit uncomfortable for long course racing (crushes my skull above my ears...my head is too big...).
I cannot seem to find much in the way of reviews on it. Have read through as many threads on here as I can....
Any thoughts? Any consensus views? Anyone have formal testing on it?
Quote Reply
Re: Why are there no reviews on the Oakley ARO7?? (How does it compare to the Aerohead?) [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The # of times A2 has asked Oakley for a helmet is ridiculous.

I've reached out to a few people to borrow one for testing. They just were never really interested in sending them to me even though I was paying shipping both ways.

I'd love to get my hands on one to test though. Just hard to test stuff that's difficult to get

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Why are there no reviews on the Oakley ARO7?? (How does it compare to the Aerohead?) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian, I have one that I’ve never worn beyond trying it on. Bought it then crashed my bike and fucked my self up, so no racing in 2018 and 2019. COVID this year. I’d be happy to let you borrow it. Size medium.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Why are there no reviews on the Oakley ARO7?? (How does it compare to the Aerohead?) [Amnesia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the Aerohead is too tight, you can use sandpaper to shave down the inside in those areas. I did that with my LG P-09 and it’s way more comfortable now.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are there no reviews on the Oakley ARO7?? (How does it compare to the Aerohead?) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The question should be why Pros who do aero work and are sponsored by Oakley aren't wearing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are there no reviews on the Oakley ARO7?? (How does it compare to the Aerohead?) [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
The question should be why Pros who do aero work and are sponsored by Oakley aren't wearing it.

Because it is slow and impractical.
Sam
Last edited by: sgy: Oct 14, 20 7:40
Quote Reply
Re: Why are there no reviews on the Oakley ARO7?? (How does it compare to the Aerohead?) [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I’d be happy to let you borrow it. Size medium.

Thanks!
When I get back into the tunnel next year to optimize my new ride I'll hit you up. I use an aerohead which has proven pretty hard to beat when testing it on myself.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply