Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whose signature is this?
Quote | Reply
monty and i have a trove of wetsuits, as you may know, that we inherited, and we have 2 that are signed. a tyr and a blueseventy. we don't know who signed them. same signature. any guesses? other than it's that well known ironman champion S.A. Schloz.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Whose signature is this? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going with none other then Lance Armstrong.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Last edited by: Leddy: Aug 2, 18 11:52
Quote Reply
Re: Whose signature is this? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. That was impressive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, i believe one or both of the suits are my size.

Which one of those are the suits from the crit e-mail?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you got them from Trisports then I believe they are LA's. He signed a few for them at one point.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I shoulda known. My brain on drugs. They’ll be going up on the list o’ merch 4 sale.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At a premium now that we know who signed them I hope!!!

I was thinking that whatever triathlete had signed them that it would not matter too much except for someone that was a true fan of that person, but now that it is Lance. Whole other category!!!

Maybe we should have an auction....
Last edited by: monty: Aug 2, 18 12:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
I shoulda known. My brain on drugs.

I see what you did there.

Quote Reply
Re: Whose signature is this? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

I was thinking that whatever triathlete had signed them that it would not matter too much except for someone that was a true fan of that person, but now that it is Lance. Whole other category!!!

My initial thought when your venture capitalist partner mentioned adding it to the classifieds was a silent auction might be a better alternative.

But I found myself wondering what would you do with one ? It would be kind of difficult to hang on your wall because of the size. Then again all you would need is a hanger.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Whose signature is this? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes increased as a premium because it is Lance, and thereafter, severely discounted for the same reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet!
Quote Reply
Re: Whose signature is this? [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
monty wrote:

My initial thought when your venture capitalist partner mentioned adding it to the classifieds was a silent auction might be a better alternative.

But I found myself wondering what would you do with one ? It would be kind of difficult to hang on your wall because of the size. Then again all you would need is a hanger.

aint gonna be no auction. that isn't why we inserted ourselves into the husbanding of the brand whose assets we purchased. maybe i'm just a severe unsentimentalist, but i've always just thought of tools as tools, and a wetsuit is a tool, not a collectible. i was given a jersey that has the signatures of all members of the pro tour team (including the tdf winner), and when the other jerseys are in the clothes hamper that jersey is what i ride in.

i do have one signed wetsuit that means more to me. the company i sold my wetsuit company to decided to move its manufacturing to china (i was long gone by them). i was given the last wetsuit my old factory made, signed by everyone who worked in the factory i built. that wetsuit is meaningful.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You found them! Praise the lord, I thought I’d never see them again. I knew I should have written my name more clearly. I’ll just PM my address so you can send them home.

Thanks again,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Leddy wrote:
monty wrote:

aint gonna be no auction. that isn't why we inserted ourselves into the husbanding of the brand whose assets we purchased. maybe i'm just a severe unsentimentalist, but i've always just thought of tools as tools, and a wetsuit is a tool, not a collectible. i was given a jersey that has the signatures of all members of the pro tour team (including the tdf winner), and when the other jerseys are in the clothes hamper that jersey is what i ride in.

i do have one signed wetsuit that means more to me. the company i sold my wetsuit company to decided to move its manufacturing to china (i was long gone by them). i was given the last wetsuit my old factory made, signed by everyone who worked in the factory i built. that wetsuit is meaningful.

How about an auction with the proceeds going to Lawson Craddock’s velodrome project or to cancer research?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

i do have one signed wetsuit that means more to me. the company i sold my wetsuit company to decided to move its manufacturing to china (i was long gone by them). i was given the last wetsuit my old factory made, signed by everyone who worked in the factory i built. that wetsuit is meaningful.[/quote]
I'm not sure who'd want their wetsuit signed...as that is definitely a tool. It's probably worth less now though with Lance though.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Whose signature is this? [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Leddy wrote:
monty wrote:

How about an auction with the proceeds going to Lawson Craddock’s velodrome project or to cancer research?

now that i might do. monty and i will circle on this.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply