Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who is using a Specialized Power on tri bike?
Quote | Reply
Tell me about your experience. Did it work? How did you have to position it relative to other saddles?
Quote Reply
Re: Who is using a Specialized Power on tri bike? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started this thread in 2015.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...xperiences_P5538733/

I am hardly doing any riding now, but I'd position it generally more foreward given it has no nose vs a saddle with nose. I found that a bit nose down also worked better for this saddle for ME. I also used it for a while on my road bike and I can't say it was good of bad, but there is essentially only one place to sit on the saddle, so there is no diff in position in terms of sitting back and up and climbing vs scooting up on the nose and "riding the rivet" in a deep drop position. It just has one sitting position in space. Depending on who you are, this may or may not work on your road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is using a Specialized Power on tri bike? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I started this thread in 2015.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...xperiences_P5538733/

I am hardly doing any riding now, but I'd position it generally more foreward given it has no nose vs a saddle with nose. I found that a bit nose down also worked better for this saddle for ME. I also used it for a while on my road bike and I can't say it was good of bad, but there is essentially only one place to sit on the saddle, so there is no diff in position in terms of sitting back and up and climbing vs scooting up on the nose and "riding the rivet" in a deep drop position. It just has one sitting position in space. Depending on who you are, this may or may not work on your road bike.

Thanks! I've actually been using it on my road bike for a few months and like it a lot. It helped with a bunch of issues I was dealing with. And I liked how it felt when I leaned down on the handlebars so I figure it might work as a tri saddle!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have it on my road and tri bikes, I like it on both. I'm comfortable for 5+ hours on either bike without a problem. I went from a sitero to a power on my tri bike. As far as fit and position, I will have to measure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I moved from a saddle with the "big nose" to the power (the narrowest version) a few years ago and never looked back. As for the position I can't say: I tried on the trainer and made some adjustment until I found to be comfortable (only forward & back, no up & down)
Last edited by: jollyroger88: Apr 9, 18 3:07
Quote Reply
Re: Who is using a Specialized Power on tri bike? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback guys. I just tried it for 40 minutes, albeit in recovery mode, but put out some power for a minute or two and everything felt pretty good. I'll need to test it in a workout and then a long ride, and also pull my whole cockpit in for a better reach. But I'm hoping this will work!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried it for 1 ride on my tri bike.

While up on the brake levers, it felt super comfortable. But once I went down to aero and rolled my pelvis forward, it smashed my bits. It was a no go for me nearly instantly.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Who is using a Specialized Power on tri bike? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
I tried it for 1 ride on my tri bike.

While up on the brake levers, it felt super comfortable. But once I went down to aero and rolled my pelvis forward, it smashed my bits. It was a no go for me nearly instantly.

Like I mentioned earlier, I only tried it for 40 minutes, but I didn't get that feeling you did. If I lowered my cockpit by, say 20-30mm, I would definitely feel that. But where I'm at now, if I stayed towards the back of the saddle, I didn't feel any connection with my bits and the nose.
Quote Reply