Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who is ruling triathlon nowadays?
Quote | Reply
Hi. I was taking a look at the top 15 in both Kona and the ITU WTS (just very different businesss, but triathlon in fact) and I wanted to check the countries that are exceling in both, or in just one distance.

Men´s

ITU:There are clearly two countries dominating: Spain and France..one emerging, Norway. The rest, quite afar,...maybe Belgium is the one most improved
IM: Germany and USA sweeping, then aussies.

It is curious that you dont find Spain and France in the top spots of Kona, or you dont find germans and americans in ITU....

Women´s

ITU: USA and GB sweeping....then Italy has a good bunch of girls, and France, but quite behind
IM: Germany, and then USA/GB/AUS, quite close to each other

We hardly see germans in ITU at the top (but Lindemann and Tersch)....

Conclussion:
USA is the most competitive country, along with GB. Germany and AUS do great in IM, Australia has lost its place in ITU from the old days...
Then we have Spain and France. France has more tradition than Spain in triathlon, but a good generation of Spaniards came across at the same time....
I think the sport is not just a cultural thing...top guys are training all over the world with other nationalities...so, hard to find out why one country is good or bad. Seems like Germans are more into IM, like US men....

Maybe this post is a bit stupid, but I was curious to know your opinions.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Who is ruling triathlon nowadays? [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should look at the top ITU lady from France, Cassandre Beaugrand.

She'd be my pick for the next Olympic Champ
Quote Reply
Re: Who is ruling triathlon nowadays? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
You should look at the top ITU lady from France, Cassandre Beaugrand.

She'd be my pick for the next Olympic Champ

Of course, I know her. Good swimming-running combo...tough to beat Zaferes which is a whole pack racer.... though Cassandre is the most elegant runner in the sport.

Last edited by: juanillo: Oct 24, 19 8:04
Quote Reply
Re: Who is ruling triathlon nowadays? [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see one Japanese girl doing well in iTU. I don’t think she’s won any but she appears in some YouTube videos from time to time. Short girl but you can tell she’s determined.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is ruling triathlon nowadays? [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
I see one Japanese girl doing well in iTU. I don’t think she’s won any but she appears in some YouTube videos from time to time. Short girl but you can tell she’s determined.

Takahashi?

Quote Reply